MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-21-2004, 03:30 PM   #1
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

Default Full dyno testing on the C&L Plenum, 75mm TB, C&L MAF

Click Me
Sorry, to lazy to post whole thing.
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 09:42 PM   #2
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

91LX:

You win the prize for having the most useful information on this site, if you ask me! You should get a free T-shirt. Let's face it, most of us have NA cars and limited pockets. While it's fun to read about all the real exciting stuff, most of us do these mods! We can really relate to this.

You have made me feel good about the mods I selected. Sure, you can argue about the finer points. I am still not convinced that the C&L plenum is better than the Accufab, but one thing is for sure, if you keep all the C&L stuff together (as the test shows) you have a winner.

It also tells me, with my mods (the ones described in the test) plus my Diablo Sport chip, I have probably gained nearly 45 hp at the wheels! or close to what? 55 - 60 at the fly wheel?

Keep the info comming.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 03:15 PM   #3
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Blake,

For the mods you have listed you should have gained more like 30-35 hp at the flywheel. That 20hp gain referenced in that thread was over the baseline of 230hp at the wheels.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 04:34 PM   #4
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Blue:

I am confused, can you give me more of an explanation?

With my mods, should I not have more of a gain? The Diablo Sport Chip alone adds 24 rwhp (if you believe Diablo), so it might be something closer to 18. Of course, there is really no way of knowing for sure how all the mods work together without doing a Dyno. There might even be some synergism to have them all.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 07:09 PM   #5
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Well, aside from the Diablo you should have gained roughly 20rwhp with the rest of your bolt ons as indicated by the dyno results in that thread. I would say the Diablo might add in the neighborhood of 10-15 hp at most by upping the timing. So you've probably added 30-35 to the wheels (I had said 30-35 at the crank before).
Check out corral.net for gains for different mods - there are a ton of real dyno results posted on there. You can't just add up manufacturer's claims to figure your hp.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote