MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-11-2000, 12:59 PM   #1
jmeiers

Wink Calling All MOD MOTOR experts???

I am about to purchase a 1998 Chrome Yellow Cobra. Is there anything specific I need to look for on these when I go to look at it? It only has 25,000 miles. And the pictures I have, show it to be spotless. But, as you know, pictures can be deceiving. It is also totally stock right down to the air filter. How much would you pay for this car? It has the T-45 and Black leather interior also.

Thanks, Jason

------------------
1993GT -- Black, 5spd, 3.73, BBK 1 5/8 headers and 2.5" H-pipe, MAC 2.5" Flowpath Catback, BBK 1.5" lowering springs, MAC strut tower and G-load brace, HPM Megabite Jr. Control Arms, Moroso Cold-Air Induction, ASP pullies, FMS Wires, Crane PS-91 coil, Robert Shaw 180 thermostat, Pro 5.0 shifter, FMS Heavy Duty Clutch, Steeda Adjustable Clutch Cable and Quadrant, Mach1 hood, LX tailights, Saleen Wing.
<A HREF="http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/ViewIt.cgi?http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi*608" TARGET=_blank>
Click here</A> to see my Mustang!
Old 02-11-2000, 02:54 PM   #2
4cammer
Registered Member

The 1998 model is a great car. My friend bought (ordered) a '98 brand new, and he's had it for 2.5 years and loves it. The car will not have a strut tower brace, an underhood light, and a couple other small items, but the engine computer is programmed a little better than the one in my '96 Cobra. Plus it doesn't have any cooling problems - different radiator and a smaller A/C condenser.

It's worth a look, for sure. Price? I dunno. I paid $18,000 for my '96 nine months ago with 21,000 miles on it and $5,000 worth of mods from Steeda already done (I stole it!). I would think $20K neighborhood would be good. That car in Chrome Yellow is one show stopper on the street!

BTW, I am putting a MAC catback with the Flowpaths on my Cobra tomorrow morning. Do you think it will sound pretty good? I noticed you're running that setup on your present car. Everyone I talked to on this site says the Flowpaths sound "wicked." Thanks!

-- Greg

------------------
'96 Cobra - K&N, Pro-M 77, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3:73s, Cobra "R"s, Steeda control arms, pulleys, springs and caster/camber plates.
4cammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2000, 03:05 PM   #3
RedTwilight
Registered Member

Thumbs up

I bought my '96 back in early October. It had 38,000 miles on it and was completly stock except for the K&N. I paid 18,500 for it. You could say I too stole it.

4cammer- Let me know how the MAC's sound. Still trying to decide between 2 chambers or MAC's

------------------
'96 Cobra
'86 5.0 LX

[This message has been edited by RedTwilight (edited 02-11-2000).]
RedTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2000, 03:41 PM   #4
4cammer
Registered Member

I will definitely make a post tomorrow on the results of my MAC catback installation. I haven't found ANYONE on this site yet running this setup on a mod-motored Cobra, so I'm ready to get it on and see how it rumbles.

The reason I'm trying the Flowpaths is the same reason I ran Dynomax Super Turbos on my old '88 5.0 LX....every da** Mustang that pulls up next to me has Flows, and I want to be different.

-- Greg
Old 02-11-2000, 03:51 PM   #5
jmeiers

The MACS are the best. I have had 2-chamber Flowmasters and I like them and everything. But I switched MACS so I too could sound different and there is definately a difference. It is really a raw sound and much, much meaner. Especially with an off-road h or x pipe.

Thanks for the reply. I might also be buying a 1997 Cobra with the same mileage but it is white. Which one should I get??

------------------
1993GT -- Black, 5spd, 3.73, BBK 1 5/8 headers and 2.5" H-pipe, MAC 2.5" Flowpath Catback, BBK 1.5" lowering springs, MAC strut tower and G-load brace, HPM Megabite Jr. Control Arms, Moroso Cold-Air Induction, ASP pullies, FMS Wires, Crane PS-91 coil, Robert Shaw 180 thermostat, Pro 5.0 shifter, FMS Heavy Duty Clutch, Steeda Adjustable Clutch Cable and Quadrant, Mach1 hood, LX tailights, Saleen Wing.
<A HREF="http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/ViewIt.cgi?http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi*608" TARGET=_blank>
Click here</A> to see my Mustang!
Old 02-11-2000, 04:19 PM   #6
4cammer
Registered Member

One thing nice (in my opinion) about the '97 Crystal White Cobra, is that you could get black OR tan interior. Chrome Yellow was only available with black interior. Down here in Florida anyway, black is kinda hot in the summer!

I wanted a Crystal White Cobra, but the car I found (Laser Red) was in unbelievable condition (garaged and covered), so I bought it. I'm not disappointed, though. It's nice.