MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-24-2004, 10:59 PM   #1
1_fine_89
Registered Member

Default supercharger, fuel pressure, timming?

i have an 1989 vert with these mods, shortys, x-pipe, 65mm throttle body, 70mm mass air, 250lbs fuel pump and an powerdyne supercharger with 11pound pully.

1) Over the winter I have bought 30lbs injectors. I'm going to buy an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, what is a good brand to buy (if it really matters) and what should i set my fuel pressure at?

2) What should i set my timming at?

3) Over the winter i have also bought an victor 5.0 intake. Will this be too much intake for a stock cam and heads?

thank you for your time and, any imput is appriciated!

Last edited by 1_fine_89; 04-24-2004 at 11:33 PM..
1_fine_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 12:08 PM   #2
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

1)IMO your gonna need a FMU if you wanna use 30lb injectors on your car. I'd actully sell them and upgrade to a set of 42lb injectors and ditch the FMU.

Kirban is the only way to fly when it comes to fuel pressure regulators. They're a nice high quality billet peice. Mustangwarehouse.com has them on sale for $67.99.

http://www.mustangwarehouse.com/must...tegory_Code=HD

2)I'm not sure on the timing. A dyno tune is your friend.

3)Yes that intake is too big. Put it on a shelf in your shop till you've got aftermarket heads and cam. Or sell it and recop some of your money and put it towards a milder intake.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 03:57 PM   #3
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

I'll second the notion of 42# injectors and ditching the FMU.

Start with 10* timing and fuel pressure at 40 psi and work from there.

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 04:13 PM   #4
1_fine_89
Registered Member

Thanx for the info guys, but i think u have given me more credit than i deserve. I'm kinda a newbe when it comes to mustangs.

Why is it that i will need a fuel mangement unit with 30lbs injectors, and won't need one with 42lbs injectors? Does a fmu add more fuel as the boost gets higher? I no i will need to reca;ibrate my mass air meter for the new injectors. Is it hamful at all if u don't have the right size injectors?

I havn't heard much about the fuel pressure regulator u have suggested, is it a well proven brand? I was considering a bbk, or accel?

As for the intake i have decided to set it aside for now.
1_fine_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 04:41 PM   #5
glenn95gt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 1_fine_89
Thanx for the info guys, but i think u have given me more credit than i deserve. I'm kinda a newbe when it comes to mustangs.

Why is it that i will need a fuel mangement unit with 30lbs injectors, and won't need one with 42lbs injectors? Does a fmu add more fuel as the boost gets higher? I no i will need to reca;ibrate my mass air meter for the new injectors. Is it hamful at all if u don't have the right size injectors?

I havn't heard much about the fuel pressure regulator u have suggested, is it a well proven brand? I was considering a bbk, or accel?

As for the intake i have decided to set it aside for now.
Kirban is one if not the best, the others tend to leak. the FMU makes up for the lack of fuel, and is basically really not as accurate as just getting 42lb injectors. As for recalibration of the air meter, what brand do you have? If it is a PRO-M, yes you will need to recalibrate it, if it is a C&L, just buy the sampling tube. and yes the injectors and air meter should match, or you will run into tuning and driveabilty problems.
My Car
glenn95gt is offline   Reply With Quote