MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-13-2002, 11:46 AM   #1
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Question camaro vs mustang

hey,

i've got an 02 stang gt (conv auto) and my brother used to drive a 94 z28 (conv auto) ...now he drives a new SS, but he's still boasting that his camaro was a little faster even though theyre both stock...i honestly cant tell...i think that theyd be more or less dead even...anyone have some street or track experience? and im looking into adding coldair induction to my gt...does anyone know if it adds as much hp to the new mustangs as told by in all the ads (around 20hp).

thanks for any input...
jonathon

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 01:03 PM   #2
southernstang97

Default get gears !!!!

Hey , not sure on the whole camaro thing , but I do know that you will not get no 20horses from a cold air, I have a cold air system and it seems to only add looks to the car , and the cold air kits are costing around 150 to 200 bucks , get a h-pipe first or pulllies , or gears . But the cold air would be one of the last thing on your list !!!
Old 06-13-2002, 03:49 PM   #3
medrvstang01
Registered Member

I've got the BBK Cold Air Induction kit and it didn't seem to do much...there is no way your going to get 20 horses out of it.....

I don't know who told you that, but that is very inaccurate. There are several different manufactures for the Cold Air Induction kit, but I've been very happy with mine. You can certainly hear it sucking air vs. the stock which has the ribbed for her pleasure for noise reduction. Check out the BBK.....yet I wouldn't suggest getting any of BBK's H or X pipes.. I bought the BBK X pipe with high flow cats and the thing didn't even fit properly. Summit Racing called BBK and they admitted that there was a design flaw. I got a full credit and bought the Bassini X-pipe which rocks.

For $100 it's worth it.....small but nice......I'd recommend buying one but if your expecting 20 horses forget it......

As far as the Camaro......yeah......ask him how the car handles corners....I've driven a Camaro SS and the thing handled terribly.
medrvstang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 10:57 AM   #4
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

My girlfriend has a 94Z-Auto and she raced a friend of hers that had a 99 5-Spd stang (guy was running his mouth), well.. she tore him a new one all the way up to about 85MPH, that stang didn't even have a chance. Probably bad driving on the Stang's part, of course, now he has added some minor things and wants to step up and run his mouth about racing me... pity the fool... Don't know about the new SS, new someone that had one and he hated the inside and suspension, felt loose and crapy.

// Now own 2001 F-150 SuperCrew 5.4L \\
98SteedaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 10:24 PM   #5
bstang46
Registered Member

If I was you in a vert. I would leave the SS alone. I was out ran about 2 links in my 01 auto GT by an 01 SS. When my GT was completly stock. As for the 94Z vert and the GT vert. They would probally run about the same. If it was a hard top,..... that might make a difference.

Brandon
Old 06-15-2002, 07:33 AM   #6
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

I had no intention of playing with an SS. Both mine and my gf's cars are hardtop. The other guy was a hardtop as well, but, I haven't ever met him.

// Now own 2001 F-150 SuperCrew 5.4L \\
98SteedaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 12:14 PM   #7
jj_jonathon
Trisket

...thanks for the info on the cold air...

as for his new SS...its a ragtog and it is DAMN fast and handles beautifully...I used to ride in it and it rode rather smoothly too...but then the car went for a **** recently and he had the rearend rebuilt by chevy twice and theres something up with his engine...dunno if it has anything to do with the 17,000miles hes but on it since he bought it new in december...lol...

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: