MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-21-2006, 11:06 AM   #1
HOOLS96GT
IRISHMOTORSPORTS

Cool camming a 4.6

hey guys hows it going.well my crower cams stage 2 and crower valve springs all came in the other day. i am a ford tech at a ford dealership and i have installed many cams in 4.6 5.4 6.8 and never have had to degree them. i got my crowers in the mail and there was some directions in it saying that you should degree the cams. now my question is why degree the cams if the cam gear is keyed to the cam and the crank is keyed to to cank line up the timming marks and run it. i mean thats how ford taught me in school but ya this is the after market world i know but is it really that different?
thanks any help would be greatly helpful.
1996 gt pi conversion ported polished 3angle valve job cl intake 80mm maf 75 t-body pulleys 24 injectors adjustable reg 255 pump stubby headers x pipe 373's cobra brake conversion lowered king cobra clutch shifter cobra r's
HOOLS96GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 11:42 AM   #2
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Default Re: camming a 4.6

I haven't had to degree a 4.6 cam yet. As long as the marks are lined up and you have no piston to valve problems, you should be good. I've never had a problem installing one that way. If I ever do...which is unlikely....I'll start degreeing them. Let me know how much you like those.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: