MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-22-2004, 01:43 PM   #1
djharr
Registered Member

Default Where to find rolling stock?

I am trying to find the best way to get a rolling stock for a '65-'66 fastback. I used to own a '66 coupe, but it was destroyed in a tragic accident on the freeway three years ago. I sold the body for the parts, but I kept the engine pieces I had collected to make a new 302 for it.

Now that the pain of the loss has passed somewhat, I am starting on building that engine. However, it is not a lot of use without something to put it in. Ideally, I would like to find a clean fastback with no engine or tranny, so I could put my new engine and a transmission of my choice into the car.

The other possibility is a Factory Five kit, but I am not sure how well that would stand up as a daily driver, which is what I am aiming for.

It always seemed to me when I was restoring my '66 coupe that there are enough people making parts for the old Mustangs that you could almost make one from scratch. Hmmmm.

Thanks for your help.

David
djharr is offline   Reply With Quote