MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-13-2003, 11:18 AM   #1
GhettoPop
Gimme a Drink!

Default alignment specs, c/c plates

The insides of my front tires (225) on my 90GT wear out REALLY fast, they are shot and have only about 15k on them. I'm picking up a pair of MM c/c plates and new tires (245) on the stock springs. Will the c/c plates solve my problem? Can anyone tell me what setup specifics (caster, camber, toe) are the best for my daily driver? I want to give the alignment shop the exact specs I want the car at.

Also, when I drive my car over 30 mph, the steering likes to turn on its own, sometimes to the right, sometimes left. Will c/c plates fix this or is it possibly another problem? I know my end links are shot but I didn't think that would be the problem. What do you think the prob is? Thanks.
GhettoPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 02:23 PM   #2
Conman
Registered Member

if you still have the stock spring/stock ride height and your tires are wearing out like that I would suspect that something is wrong with your front end. You shouldn't need the c/c plates. I would try fixing any known problems (end links) and getting an alignment

'88 lx, Black on Black, check it out here

Spent all my money on school, what a dumb mistake

I'm old enough to know better, but still too young to care.
Conman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 02:38 PM   #3
GhettoPop
Gimme a Drink!

Well, my daily driven 90 GT has about 75k miles on the struts/shocks. The springs and probally the rest of the suspension is stock, so they have 113k on them. I am going to put in KYB's struts/shocks, FMS B or C spring, a PST front end kit, and anything else I would find along the way that needs to be replaced. I don't have enough money to do all that now but I NEED tires and I was thinkin that the c/c plates might help me reduce my inner tire wear. That being said, please help me w/ the questions in my original post. Thanks.
GhettoPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 06:36 PM   #4
srv1
Get down.....

Your problem is a toe out condition. get it aligned with new CC plates, but make sure your front end is tight with no play in the steering or the other bushings.