MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2002, 03:07 AM   #1
rustang girl
Registered Member

Talking I'm back, anyone miss me?

Well, I went on vacation for a month+. So, I put the Mustang on hold. I got it outa the shop a few weeks before I left, but the balance was off, so we needed to send it back to get the engine removed. The flex plate, balancer and water pump had to be replaced. Flex plate and water pump, because it's a weird engine, can't think of the word, but I think it's "fuel injected". So, it needed some conversion parts. We didn't know about that before it went in. Since the flex plate and balancer were incorrect the balance was off and broke the water pump.

I was supposed to get it back today, but they found out the water pump was broken and so I get it tomarrow, I hope. IF the balance is ok I get it. If it isn't, we don't know what to do.

Tomarrow the insurance company is coming out to inspect it the rear end. I got rear-ended about a week before I left. (Drove the car w/ the balance off, which is what broke the water pump.) Anyways, was stopped on the freeway (traffic jam) and I got rear-ended. Insurance is covering it. :-) So, they're looking @ the damage tomarrow. Got a kink in the crome bumper, and the under bumper got dented. While it's on the lift tomarrow, we're going to check to make sure the exhaust is ok, the under bumper got dented where the exhaust tip is. So it may have gotten dented somewhere. The exhaust system was rebult in July. The guy who rear-ended me didn't come out so lucky. It was his fault, so his isn't covered. What happened was he went right under the back of my car, his hood got crunched real bad and he was leaking fluids. I'm surprised he was able to drive it away. I was pissed and so my fiance talked to the guy, when he asked for his insurance he gave my fiance his prescription for glasses, which he wasn't wearing. Later when we asked for his lisence him and his wife kept giving us hers. Finally the cop got it from him. It's not as if he was trying to be a jerk. He was Japanese, and rather old. They were really sorry.

Anyways...

Yes it's still overheating. Ordered a 7 bladed fan, but they sent a 6 we also got a fan shroud. We're not too worried about it overheating though, now that we have the truck, we're ganna drive it. And I'll use the Mustang for stuff in town. The brackets that came w/ shroud don't work, I don't know what we'll do about that, they don't fit right.

No, the Mustang isn't our only vehicle, while in Ok. we bought a '87 Chevy Truck (I believe an '87) and drove it back. It stayed under a quarter the whole way home, except for a few hills, there it got a tad over 1/4. I like that truck, no overheating probs w/ it, if only it wasn't stick. :- ( Oh yeah, Earles mom is the original owner, so that's cool.

Oh bag case of bad luck. While out of town I got 2 or 3 car insurance bills. They said if I didn't pay they would cancel my insurance. Well, I was going through the mail and came across that notice, I looked @ the date and realized I had been driving for 3 days w/out insurance. :- ( I sent the check right away. I'm going to call tomarrow to see if I'm insured yet.

Incase anyone cares, you may remember Earle got his lisence suspended for 2 tickets, driving in excess of 100. 111mph was one of them, I think the cop wrote 120mph was the other. It isn't suspended anymore. He has his special insurance, now he has to go take the written test agian. Something funny, Earle's insured ans I have a lisence, and Earle doens't have a lisence and I don't have insurance. Pretty funny. Put the 2 together, and we're legal. hehe

Anywho.....I talk too much sometimes. hehe

How r u?

Incase you're wondering, visited a few friends for a few days, then my fiance and I drove to Oklahoma (with his sister) and visited his mom and step dad for 2+ weeks, then we got back to Ca and visited w/ my parents for a few days, then visited w/ the friends again, then went to Vegas for my younger bros wedding after that visited friends then came home. I've been gone for MW for a while, bet no one missed me. :-P

Anywho, take care, thanks for listening. :-)

Hope I didn't bore you too much.
http://ricehatersclub.com/
http://MechaPS.com/
rustang girl is offline   Reply With Quote