MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-28-2003, 03:23 PM   #1
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Default Which Chip is Best?

I would like to add a chip or purchase a programmer, however, I don't know much about them. One thing for sure, I want a customized chip for my car and don't wish to purchase used. I was hoping to hear from some of you that have experience with them.

I do know enough to know that you should wait pretty much until you are done modifying your car, so the chip can be designed specifically for your ride. So here is the question: What chip should I buy? Within reason, money is no object. I don't mind paying $100 more for a better chip, for example. I want to do it right.

One other thing to keep in mind, besides the mods I have done and the ones that I have listed as being in the works, the chip will be my last power adder for this car. However, I may decide to add 4.10's at a later date. As a result, will a chip with my stock gears not work with the 4.10's, or can it simply be re-programmed? Or, does it not matter? I know there is an issue with speedo calibration too.

The best chips seem to me to be from Super Chips and Diablo, though I know there are others. Please make any recomendation or even if you have a favorite place to work with.

Thanks!

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 04:04 PM   #2
explicitone
Registered Member

Default Re: Which Chip is Best?

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxBlakexxx
I would like to add a chip or purchase a programmer, however, I don't know much about them. One thing for sure, I want a customized chip for my car and don't wish to purchase used. I was hoping to hear from some of you that have experience with them.

I do know enough to know that you should wait pretty much until you are done modifying your car, so the chip can be designed specifically for your ride. So here is the question: What chip should I buy? Within reason, money is no object. I don't mind paying $100 more for a better chip, for example. I want to do it right.

One other thing to keep in mind, besides the mods I have done and the ones that I have listed as being in the works, the chip will be my last power adder for this car. However, I may decide to add 4.10's at a later date. As a result, will a chip with my stock gears not work with the 4.10's, or can it simply be re-programmed? Or, does it not matter? I know there is an issue with speedo calibration too.

The best chips seem to me to be from Super Chips and Diablo, though I know there are others. Please make any recomendation or even if you have a favorite place to work with.

Thanks!
I would go with either the AFM pms or the superchips sct
and yes the chip can be reprogramed if you should change gears

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote