View Single Post
Old 04-04-2001, 01:43 PM   #7
bark3rd
Registered Member

Cool

Blue00GT: Thanks for the intro to Dallas Mustang. I had a great talk w/ one of their salesmen who owns the same exact car as me, and his first mod was 4:10 gears! He swears by them and said his buddy has a 99' Trans Am who before the gear mod he could hang with until 3rd, then the T/A would fly by. With the 4:10's he swears he dusts his buddy every time! Also, DM sells an in-house fabricated speedo compensator for $99 (the cheapest I could find elsewhere was $145!). I'm stoked for the savings and am going with 4:10's. I dont get on the highway much and when I do I'm floored in 4th anyway struggling to pass VW busses. I also ordered redline synthetic gear and trans oil. My only worry here is when I go to Dallas and late at night cruise the incredible cop-free 15 mi. long straightaway called "North Dallas Tollway" and run in to the Porsches and BMW's that prowl there and run out of revs at 120 or so! (We used to race up and down this road at 4:00 a.m. at 150+ mph in college, cops have nowhere to park on this road!) Anyway, I'm going for 1/4 mi light to light performance instead of top speed.
bark3rd is offline   Reply With Quote