MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-22-2002, 11:37 PM   #1
98gt5sp
Registered Member

Default Claimed HP Gains, and Steeda Springs

I have been told that going from my stock 6 cat. H-Pipe to an off-road H-pipe gives a gain of around 20 HP. Also, I have been told that with the off-road H-pipe and the flowmaster exhaust, a superchips stage 3 chip will add around 30 HP. These numbers (especially the chip's) seem a little fishy to me. Anyone have some accurate numbers?

Also, I am getting front and rear springs soon, and was wondering if the extra $100 for Steeda's competition springs instead of the sport springs is worth it for a daily driver.

Thanks a lot,

My Mods
My Web Page

Rice Hater's Club - Member # 78
98gt5sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 04:56 PM   #2
Sonics2042
Registered Member

I would guess maybe 15-18 fwhp with the h-pipe...I don't think they are that far off with that claim.

Now with the chip, I would expect like 7-15 fwhp. Although it will make ur car run much better (and help your ET), I don't think it could give you that much power. Of course, I don't have a chip, so I couldn't really tell you for sure .

I say stick with the sport springs unless you want to start auto-crossing. The sport springs will make ur ride pretty stiff.

Just my $.02.

Thanks,
DoranW
[MAC Cold Air Intake]-[BBK Equal Shorties]
[3.55 Gears]-[Cobra Intake Manifold (Upper and Lower]
[E-303 Cam]-[Granetelli Mass Air Flow Sensor]
[Front and rear sway bars]-[New black carpet and seats.]
[Adjustable Fuel Regulator]-[T5 Conversion w/ K. Cobra Clutch/Hurst STS]
[Cobra Throttle Body]-[130A Alt. Conversion]

Thinking about:
Aftermarket Heads!
Vortech A-Trim
Sonics2042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 05:06 PM   #3
01silverstreak

dont know about 98's but 99+ superchip will get u about 15-17 rwhp.
Old 04-23-2002, 09:56 PM   #4
slow98
Registered Member

Post mods

an offroad h and flowmast cat back isnt going to help much on your car if the heads are stock because they flow so horribly, i went with the bbk h pipe and flowmaster americain thunder cat felt a lil stronger but sounds great!! i love the way these things sound! get the pipes just for the music....save for heads after that!
1998 mustang gt/manual..373s,bbk offroad h pipe,flowmaster cat back,c&l 80 mm maf,steeda triax,eibach springs,steeda ud pulleys,upr timing adjuster,screamon demos coil packs,motorsports 9mm plug wires,steea aluminum lca's,steeda heavy duty uca's and just over 100 k on the clock
slow98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 09:46 AM   #5
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

The H-Pipe on my car is from BBK and is street legal. 2cat instead of 6. Flowmaster two chambers and borla tips. I noticed a lot of difference in my car just by changing the exhaust from the headers back. We're not talking neck snapping diff, but it was most noticable. As fas as Steeda Spings... I say street, that is what I have. I have the Complete G-Trac kit on my car, and I will prob get flamed for saying this, but you can't argue with cold hard proof. My care gained about .3-.5 10ths in acceleration overall from factory setup to G-Trac. I promise you, there is an incredible difference in the car. I don't see curves anymore, the roads are all straight.... My launch is quick and hard, the car squats to the rear and picks up on the front. The controls arms keep the rear right where it's supposed to be. I know a lot of people that sink money in to the engine before the suspension. I see that a complete waste. The mustang stock can't plant all of it's power as is, so why make more? You can speed your car up by just allowing it to grab traction. There's nothing funnier that whooping *** on a person with a lot of engine and no traction. I do it alot here, light turns green and all I hear and see is white smoke from their rear tires, then maybe by the time I am at the next light, they have caught, and are gaining on me..... Plus, being able to take 90deg corners at 45-50 and not sliding is pretty cool, it gives those ricers something to think about... As far as the chip, I have one, and it didn't do anything other than firm the shift points..... Later----

// Now own 2001 F-150 SuperCrew 5.4L \\
98SteedaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 10:32 AM   #6
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

hey, 98SteedaGt, I have a question for you. Did you work directly with the people at Steeda, is it a good place to go for modifications?

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 12:07 PM   #7
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

Yes I did. I worked with Mike Morella. He has gotten me all the parts I need to convert my plain old GT in to a replica of the 1998 Steeda GT. It's not all the way there yet, I am still working on it. They are very easy to deal with.

// Now own 2001 F-150 SuperCrew 5.4L \\
98SteedaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 01:31 PM   #8
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

Cool! I'm thinking about going with Steeda. By the way, love the white with black sidewinder stripes! Thanks

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: