MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-29-2001, 11:49 PM   #1
cobrabird55
Registered Member

Cool Cobra engine transplant

I'm in the process of transplanting a '97 Cobra motor and trans into a '55 T-Bird. I'm using the Cobra wiring harnesses and instrument cluster, but am removing the anti-theft stuff (passive and active), rear set of oxygen sensors (no Cats) egr system, etc. I will not be using the Cobra steering column, but will retain the cruise control. The rear gears and tire diameter will remain the same as the Cobra. My question is what do I do to the computer to allow the engine to run properly minus these items??? Is there a source of information on what inputs (voltages) the computer needs at the various pins to function? Thanks in advance for any help.

------------------
cobrabird55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 12:26 AM   #2
97snakedriver
Registered Member

To get rid of the cats, the easiest way is to use MLI from Dallas Mustangs.

About the alarm, or atleast the PATS:

Quote:
by 99GTpony

well, i install alarms and stuff for a living and the ONLY way to get rid of it is to install a bypass module, dei part no. 555F
you can get it at a circuit city or best buy, or most auto security places. they can instal it for about $30, it is very hard to install yourself unless you have exp. in that field.
there is no fuse for it either it is built in to the ignition system.
You may want to email 99GTPony about the active system. katman556@cs.com

Give me a bit (by tomorrow) and I think I can find out about how to get rid of the EGR and PVC. Although really, with the stock computer and without some serious forced induction, the car will run much better with them. IE no loss in milage or power. You just have to replace them every so often.

Another concern you might have is the air pump. You probably want to give that the big boot also, but the computer will "notice". Let me look some stuff up real quick.

------------------
AIM: Some97Snake

For sale: K&N Aircharger kit and Recharger kit
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...item=551794654

[This message has been edited by 97snakedriver (edited 01-30-2001).]
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote