MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2002, 10:30 PM   #1
boosted89
Registered Member

Default cooling questions

If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it, as I've been chasing this demon for several years now. I have an 89 GT with Edelbrock heads, GT40 intake, F303 cam, FRPP (Powerdyne) 11 psi blower, and all the other bolt-ons. My problem: The temperature keeps climbing (upwards of 200 degrees) with the A/C on, even when testing it on cooler days. I live in North Carolina, so the weather here shouldn't be that hard on my cooling system. The temp guage stays fairly stable until I'm cruising at low speeds through town. I have a Griffin aluminum radiator, Flowkooler waterpump, 160 thermostat, 93 Cobra water pump pulley (smaller than the stock one, overdrives the pump), Permacool electric fan (2100-2950 cfm), and the stock fan shroud. I've also had the cooling system backflushed, but no difference. The problem used to also occur with the a/c off, but the electric fan and the Cobra pulley helped alot. Now I'd just like to be able to run the a/c when I'm idling in traffic (With the temp staying at least below 190). I suspect that the problem may be the GT nose (no grill opening like the LX). Would a Cobra front bumper insert help? Does anyone else have this problem? Any help would be greatly apreciated!
PS- I know you guys don't like 160 thermostats, but remember, my engine is supercharged, and the 160 helped alot!
F303
11 lb Powerdyne
TKO tranny, 3.73 rear
Most of the other stuff, too
boosted89 is offline   Reply With Quote