MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-08-2000, 05:48 PM   #1
96cobra89Lx306

Thumbs up Damaged Bassani X w/cats saved my car..

My car hasn't been running the way I've wanted for awhile now and I never knew why. It dyno'd at 284 which was much less than the 301 at the wheels it did at its peak almost a year and a half ago. I finally found out what the problem was. My passenger side cat was damaged and blocking the airway. It was facing sideways somehow. I had the cats gutted out on my Bassani X pipe and now the car runs like a frickin animal . I would say it makes every bit of the power it did before(maybe a little less down low without the cats but a little more up top without them) but now it sounds alot tougher too. I almost sold it about a month ago because of this, plus I needed money for a house but the buyer had a problem with my R title( and probably with how it ran too). I'm glad he did, because the car is insane again and I made the money at work so it worked out..

Anyway, those of you with Bassani X pipes with cats beware, I've heard of this problem before but didn't believe it until I saw if for myself..

3.73's, aluminum driveshaft, Bassani X pipe (off-road now),Pulleys,80mmC&L with 9 inch K&N,cooling mods,eibach springs,Steeda subs and shifter,18inch Saleen copies other stuff..

[This message has been edited by 96cobra89Lx306 (edited 11-08-2000).]
Old 11-09-2000, 01:10 AM   #2
T_Bone
Registered Member

Hey, Lance! Glad to hear that the car is running better now. I thought it ran strong before though. Also glad to hear you got the house money and got to keep the car.
Good luck,
"the buyer"
Travis

------------------
T-Bones 1997 Cobra
Wht/blk, Pro 5.0, 4.10's, aluminum driveshaft, FRPP throttle body, C&L MAF, K&N, off-road H, Flowmasters, s/f connectors, FRPP pro springs, BBK caster/cambers.
T_Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2000, 07:34 AM   #3
96cobra89Lx306

What's up Travis!

I'm glad things worked out too bro.

Nice car by the way..

(the seller)