View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 11:08 PM   #8
larrybia
Registered Member

Default Re: Dead Band ON Throttle

I did test drive a second GT with an auto and I did not see any significant difference when compared to my GT. Also, both do not feel like my 93 SHO automatic I traded in for the GT. That car had 238K on it and was strong but old. One test I use is rapid pushing on the throttle pedal. With the GT there is no engine RPM change with significant depression at a fast rate. If I slow up the rate than I get the RPM change. The “Vroom Vroom” you expect. My SHO would show significant RPM change with the fast rate.

I am not sure that my testing is valid or representative. I may not know how to quantify the problem. All I know is that my GT and the other I drove do not feel the same as my SHO or other “Cable” throttle system cars I have driven. If no one else has seen the problem maybe I am being too sensitive or too gentle with the car. But so far it does not seam right to me, however, I do not yet know how to refute the dealers claims. Is there some definitive test for this situation? Do you have a RPM vs Throttle Position plot of what to expect? I am not done with this problem yet!
larrybia is offline   Reply With Quote