MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2006, 02:26 AM   #1
larrybia
Registered Member

Default Dead Band ON Throttle

I have recently (two weeks ago) purchased a 2007 GS GT and have just returned from a trip to Vegas where I put 1500 miles on the car. A real shake down cruse. There are two problems that I have noticed that I will be bringing the car back to the dealer Monday to fix. I notices the problems shortly after picking up the car and told the dealer but he said get some more time on the car to really see whats going on. Does anyone have any insight into what may be causing the problems? I would like some additional information when I talk to the dealer again. Has anyone experienced the same?

Problem one is that there appears to be a significant dead band with the throttle. I have to push down the peddle about a inch before the engine will respond. This has a significant impact on starting from a light, reversing out of a parking space, or accelerating out of a turn. It is not always safe to punch through this dead band each time I want to move out. I think the “Drive by Wire” throttle is not adjusted correctly.

Problem tow is a vibration at 1750 RPM in first. This vibration is only for a short time just before shifting to second. The vibration gets worst when the transmission gets hot and when pulling up a hill. I have the automatic.

Any comments I would appreciate.
larrybia is offline   Reply With Quote