MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-22-2007, 08:41 AM   #1
amongtheliving

Default deposit built up on AL block

Hello,

It's a very clean looking car and when me and the wife took it out for a test drive, it was love at first site. Just got a 04 Mustang GT 4.6.

The engine had only 20,000 miles when we got it. The Ford dealership, JFK Ford, Feasterville, PA kept the motor clean by steam cleaning it. But now the block has all these deposits on it. Not GREASE!!! Is there a cleaner out there in the market that can get my motor to look brand new without painting it. I could go out there with my finger nail but that would take forever. There easy enough to get off, I just want to do it in a quick, non hazardous way of getting them off, I have no garage.

The block is aluminum. So if you tell me soap and water is good enough then so be it. I'll be outside with a tooth brush cleaning.

Thanks
Old 02-22-2007, 08:30 PM   #2
amongtheliving

Default Re: deposit built up on AL block

13 views and NO answers?
Old 02-24-2007, 09:03 PM   #3
amongtheliving

Did I say something wrong?
Old 02-25-2007, 03:43 AM   #4
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amongtheliving View Post
Did I say something wrong?
Close the hood and drive the car?

Engine degreaser or Simple Green at full strength will get pretty much anything clean, but you'll need to rinse with a high pressure hose after.

Seriously though, a motor is going to get dirty. Is this a show car or something? Keep the paint clean and enjoy it.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:50 AM   #5
amongtheliving

What, you don't keep your motor clean? If you read my first post you would see that it's not grease or oil, it's those little white specks that build up on aluminum after steam cleaning it.

No kidding it's going to get dirty! I figured you guys would take care of both body and what's under the hood. The hoods been closed and I've been driving. It's just that there is a lot of deposit built up and I simply asked what works best. 1st time Mustang owner here.

It's just been a long time since I owned a NICE ride. I want to take care of it as best as I can. And it is definetly NO ricer. "I will add MODS rather than facades."

I don't know you, but thanks for the reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deuce View Post
Close the hood and drive the car?
Seriously though, a motor is going to get dirty. Is this a show car or something? Keep the paint clean and enjoy it.
Just keep your sarcasm to yourself next time.

Last edited by amongtheliving; 02-25-2007 at 10:20 AM..
Old 02-25-2007, 04:35 PM   #6
The Deuce
Registered Member

The white spots are there because it was "hard" water that got used on the block. If it had been distilled you wouldn't haven that problem.

Of course, if you could take a little good natured ribbing once in a while, you'd probably have a lot less problems. Maybe you should buy a Civic next time.

Old 02-25-2007, 04:56 PM   #7
amongtheliving

I already owned both an 01 Civic and 99 Accord. My 05 Chevy Cobalt beats them both.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:02 PM   #8
amongtheliving

Here's a pic of the Accord:

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/5240/fpass3ml6.jpg
Old 02-26-2007, 09:07 AM   #9
amongtheliving

...And of my Civic:

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6...cmediumuh8.jpg
Old 02-27-2007, 04:29 PM   #10
amongtheliving

And now ladies and gents, here it is...My Mustang:

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/7...05smallrz5.jpg
Old 03-12-2007, 06:40 PM   #11
goodyear1984
Registered Member

come on man, no offence we dont want to see pics of hondas...if u really want to get rid of the white spots whitch is corrosion use a wire brush and paint it...aluminum corroding is basically the same thing as steel rusting..do u understang?please no more hondas
347 stroker all forged,arp everything,stud mains w/girdle,7qt pan,full roller, custom cam, aluminum heads swirl valves 5 angle valve job.quick fuel 750,areomotive pump,cobras w/nitto drags,and m/t et drags for the track, ford racing 373 gears,centerforce clutch,tko500,underdrive pulleys,bassani x-pipe,flowmasters
^best et so far 11.6 1.61 60ft coming soon 9sec et's
1992 mustang gt
2001 gmc 1500 4x4
78 century boat
92 skidoo
goodyear1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:21 PM   #12
amongtheliving

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodyear1984 View Post
come on man, no offence we dont want to see pics of hondas...if u really want to get rid of the white spots whitch is corrosion use a wire brush and paint it...aluminum corroding is basically the same thing as steel rusting..do u understang?please no more hondas

Let's see...The 26th of Feb I posted that pic. And now you've got something to say?
The idiot Deuce I replied too said I should invest in a Honda Civic. So I shut him up and told him I already had one and there was the proof, and of my other one. If you notice the liscence plate I had the car in England where they don't have Ford Mustangs.
Would I ever get one (Honda) again...not in a million years. So take no offence of the pics. But next time reply sooner. I would've left the pics out. By the way the engines been done. Thanks anyway
Old 03-12-2007, 11:29 PM   #13
amongtheliving

Oh yeah it is not the same thing as steel rusting. You can't just take a tooth brush to steel...do you understang? lol..please no more late responses.
I wanted to edit the pics to take them out but it won't let me. So nothing I can do about them now. I can only edit my last post...bummer. I do understand how you feel I was just being sarcastic back at Deuce.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:18 AM   #14
goodyear1984
Registered Member

ok guess u dont understand english,,,mabey u understand oxide thats what happends to metals..some rust and some corrode same consept......wow u come on here and ask us for help and get mad cuz we didnt get back to you in 5 min...pretty rude
347 stroker all forged,arp everything,stud mains w/girdle,7qt pan,full roller, custom cam, aluminum heads swirl valves 5 angle valve job.quick fuel 750,areomotive pump,cobras w/nitto drags,and m/t et drags for the track, ford racing 373 gears,centerforce clutch,tko500,underdrive pulleys,bassani x-pipe,flowmasters
1992 mustang gt
2001 gmc 1500 4x4
78 century boat
92 skidoo
Old 03-13-2007, 11:14 AM   #15
amongtheliving

No it's pretty rude of you to reply in your manner. And maybe you should also learn to spell also.
Why don't you **** off you asshole! How's that for rude? See how quick my replies are? Dumb Ass!
Old 03-16-2007, 11:34 PM   #16
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amongtheliving View Post
Let's see...The 26th of Feb I posted that pic. And now you've got something to say?
The idiot Deuce I replied too said I should invest in a Honda Civic. So I shut him up and told him I already had one and there was the proof, and of my other one. If you notice the liscence plate I had the car in England where they don't have Ford Mustangs.
Would I ever get one (Honda) again...not in a million years. So take no offence of the pics. But next time reply sooner. I would've left the pics out. By the way the engines been done. Thanks anyway
How exactly did any of that "shut me up?"

You posted some cars that you are much better suited to own, being that you car about spots on your block. Now you're yelling at anyone who comes in and comments on the thread, do you really think that people have nothing better to do than sit around and give a moron such as yourself advice?

Seriously, if you want to know how to make something shiny, this is not the place. When you're actually interested in going fast, let us know.

Old 03-17-2007, 06:42 PM   #17
DeltaMustang65
Knuckle-Basher

Alright, let's all just calm down. This has gotten way out of hand.

Keep in mind I'm not taking a side because (A) the topic creator seems to have taken it way too personally that nobody responded quickly, and (B) the guy is allowed to post whatever he wants about Mustangs, really.

TC, the board is slow sometimes. If you really have to clean your engine right this minute, try posting at other forums as well. You'll have a much better chance of getting the info you need quickly. Everyone else, if you find his question to be stupid or whatever, just don't answer at all. If he's posting in the wrong place or just being an ass, people will figure him out and take care of it.

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/deltamustang65/

If Nissan Motorsports = NISMO, wouldn't Honda Motorsports = HOMO?
DeltaMustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:32 PM   #18
goodyear1984
Registered Member

im the dumb ass? ur the one thats asking how to clean ur engine lmao..plus u owned a honda lol...great come back that must have took u a while
1992 mustang gt
2001 gmc 1500 4x4
78 century boat
92 skidoo

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: