MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-29-2002, 10:52 AM   #1
wildneg
Registered Member

Question Built Up 306?

I'm checking into getting a new block to build up and get in the mid 12's and have a perfectly legal street car that WILL PASS emissions. I already discussed with a company about the fuel injection wiring harness (Converting it to EFI as well). I've been looking around and want to spend about $1500 on a long block. Its seeming hard to find if you ask me. I got a hold of a guy from Indy Mustang, who probably reads here, but is this block a good block for the price:

http://indy-mustang.stangnet.com/306race.html

I talked to a buddy and he said its a ok engine. Just make sure they are forged heads. He said there was nothing really that special in there. What do you all think? Would it be a good reliable block for 12's and everyday driver? Anyone know where else I could go or if I should just buy the short block and build up my own or what? Please help! I'm at witts end trying to decide where to spend my first chunk of money in my project Thanks guys.

- Kevin
wildneg is offline   Reply With Quote