View Single Post
Old 04-02-2002, 06:23 PM   #20
91GTturbo
Registered Member

I don't have any experience with a blown 351 setup. I think that all the turbo kit manufactures have designed their kits around the 302, not sure about the supercharger guys. A 351 takes up alot of room under the hood, to get a turbo or supercharger to fit in there as well might takes some custom work which will cost you more money. A stock 302 block is more than enough to reach your goal without strocking it.

The 99 GT I mentioned earlier than ran 10.90's and did it on 12 lbs of boost. You don't have to run and ungodly amount of boost to reach your goal, if that's where you were heading with the 351 and only 6 lbs.

I give you an example of a friends car with the same turbo kit I have, only he has a 60-1 turbo where I run a TO4. He has untouched GT40 iron heads, GT40 lower intake & box upper, 70 mm TB. He has the same injectors and mass air as me. On 10 lbs of boost he made 411 rwhp. He ran 15 lbs one time at the track and his transmission decided it didn't like the additional hp, so he hasn't gotten any new times out of it yet.

I don't want to sound like it some simple thing to just slap a turbo or supercharger and a few good parts on a mustang and be able to make the kind of hp needed to run low 11's. My friends car is running perfectly, mine isn't, that's why mine is in the shop getting new headgaskets & heads. The tune has alot to do with it.