MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-08-2005, 01:42 AM   #1
mlambrecht82
Registered Member

Default Dry nitrous on 04 cobra

I have an 04 cobra with some minor mods and I have a bunch of nitrous stuff lying around and would like to install a dry nitrous system on my cobra. I have a denscharger CAI and I would like to put the fogger in the fender so no one can see it, this will spray infront of my MAF, so my computer can read the extra air. I am running stock boost and am putting out 412 hp at the wheels. I have a predator programer which I will use to perfect my air/fuel ratio on the dyno of course. All that I am looking to run is a 30-50 hp shot. Do you think that I would have any problems tuning with this size shoot and would the nitrous cause any ploblems to my supercharger internals? I read somewhere that on a turbo or supercharger set up you should direct port injection. I won't do that on my car because I am trying to be sneeky. Really sneeky, my Dad, uncle, and cousin who ride in my car regularly can't know about this.
Are there any foggers or nozzles that you recommend for a dry kit?
Do you have any recommendations on where I mount a 10# bottle. I was thinking about building a look-a-like speaker box in my trunk that would case my bottle. What do you guys think?
I'm not a big nitrous fan and I never have used it before, but I think that it would be kinda fun to fool around with.

Thanks for all the help.
I don't have the 02 GT anymore that is in my profile (14lbs of boost in 110 degree weather is too much for a stock longblock.) I need to update my profile.

Matt

Custom Electronic Exhaust cut outs
Tuning via Diablo Predator
Ported and polished Throttle body and plenum
Line locker (for the smoke shows)
Stock boost
412 rwhp 379 rwtq
mlambrecht82 is offline   Reply With Quote