MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-23-2000, 08:09 PM   #1
J.M
Registered Member

Cool exhaust

I know that for the mean-time, I don't belong here with the "Death Machines", but I think I would get better replies in this section.

I just purchased a 3.8L V6 2000 Mustang. My plans are to install a Two Chamber Flowmaster
exhaust in the near future. My question is: will I get a maximum horsepower gain along with good sound by replacing my mufler and pipes alone, or should I replace my headers and cats as well. As I understand, Ford's new stock exhaust system minimizes backpressure and provides more of the hidden horsepower.

Good tips are always welcome.
J.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2000, 09:02 PM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Wink

You'll get a better sound, but don't look for any horses...

I don't have much info on the 3.8l, but just the mufflers won't give you much (if any). I also haven't seen any numbers with after market headers and cats, just beware of the torque monster, as he loves to eat up torque in lower output engines when folks open the exhaust too much...

A better mod might be to get some after-market gears, although I don't know what the best ratio might be for you...

------------------
98 GT
Dyno-Max cat-back exhaust, 3.73 gears, Steeda shifter, Ford Motorsport Underdrive pullies, 87mm MAF and Roush cold air kit...

Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote