Thread: exhaust
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2003, 12:44 PM   #6
WHITE_SVT_SNAKE
Registered Member

Default One last thing

One last thing i forgot.... almost the most important thing.... You should Determine what kind of exhaust to get based on your Engine Type.... Is it a modular (4.6L) or a windsor (5.0L) type... The things i said in the previous post were based on a 4.6L Cobra... The 4.6L Gt isn't that much different, actually i think the exhaust on a gt sound better because their is only 1 Exhaust and 1 intake valve on the heads.... No straigning of the primary vavles as in the cobra.... (I'm not particularly sure on the size of the exhaust valves but they play a big role in the sound of the exhaust..) Ok and lastly.... anything i said in the previous post doesn't apply, if you have a 5.0L Windsor type motor... I don't want u to buy something that would sound like crap....And i say that because i don't know what those exhaust setups sound like on a 5.0..... They have a similar sounds if u look it them compaired to a GM or Dodge motor.... But when compairing them by them selves... they do have a different sound.... Ok thats it.... Goodluck
WHITE_SVT_SNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote