Thread: exhaust
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2003, 01:35 AM   #9
ac97gt
Registered Member

just my input... i had flows on my car already, and it sounded OK, but you could tell it was just mufflers, it just didnt sound complete, so i figured i would add the bassani x (with cats for emissions)... i figured from some of the stuff that i read that it was gonna be LOUD, but when i fired it up after installing i found it to sound ALOT like just having flows.. i mean it changed the sound for sure, made it a bit more throaty, and she sounds great, but i would love it have it about 3x as loud as it is now...

which brings me to ask WHITE_SVT_SNAKE about taking off the cats? you can just take the cats off the catted bassani and everything is jive? thinking about it now i really wish i went with O/R for two reasons... in RI emissions lasts 2 years and i had just had it inspected before the pipe (and ill probably sell the car for a newer one before the 2 years is up) and the O/R pipe was significantly cheaper, i cant remember exactly, i think i paid like $500 for the catted and the O/R was like $300 or somethin..

the other thing is that if you are buying the catted X just to pass emissions, bassani makes no garuntee that you will pass your emissions or anything like that, but i suspect that you would pass anyway, depending on your laws. im sure plenty of guys on here are passing with their catted pipes, but it still depends on how strict the laws are.

anyway, i just wanted to give you a little input, maybe somethin to think about.

Flowmasters
Bassani X w/cats
Steeda Triax
K&N and Air Intake Silencer Removed
More to come with money!

My Ride
ac97gt is offline   Reply With Quote