MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-20-2003, 07:21 PM   #1
03stangGT
Registered Member

Default offroad H or X pipe??

I've already got a Mac offroad H pipe, sounds great, makes good power. I got it off my buddy for 50 bucks, I found a Mac offroad X pipe for real cheap. I'd like to get the X if its worth the money, I've heard they rattle from a few people. How do they sound compaired to the offroad H? do they produce much more HP/torque? thanks

03 gt

pro 5.0 short throw
fms 3.73's
brothers speedcal
steeda timing adjuster
K&N
upr white face guages
Mac offroad H pipe
2 chamber flows
03stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 07:59 PM   #2
95mustanggt
Registered Member

An X-pipe should produce slightly less torque, but more horsepower. They also have a more "racey" sound compared to a "muscle" sound, IMO.

Either way, you're not looking at big improvements.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 10:37 PM   #3
96_4.6
Registered Member

I've always thought and been told on here several times the H made more horse and the X made more torque....

-Trickflow Upper Plenum
-BBK 70mm Throttlebody
-02 PI Lower Intake
-March Pulleys
-BBK H-Pipe
-2 Chamber Flowmaster mufflers
-3000 RPM Stall
-JLT CAI with special K&N
-MSD Supercondutor wires
-180 stat
-FRPP 4:10's
*FOR SALE C&L TRUE FLOW INLET PIPE WITH K&N*
My Stang
96_4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 05:31 AM   #4
surfbeast
Registered Member

Either way your not talking any real major differences. And the differences depend on your setup. The X pipes have a more Raspy sound, I had to ditch mine cause it was to annoying with the top down. If you can get the X get it. Try em both and sell the other.
Old 10-23-2003, 04:49 PM   #5
WHITE_SVT_SNAKE
Registered Member

Quote:
I've heard they rattle from a few people
The fact that you even said that, tells me that you shouldn't get an X. I take it you don't like exhaust that pops? if not then you don't want an X ... Well that is depending on what kind of mufflers you have... But Its all in personal taste... its hard for somebody to ask you how they will like something considering your not them... u know what i mean? If u have any kind of chambered muffler... its going to pop 2x worse than the offroad H... but its gonna be 3x louder than the H... And i can say from experiencec that X lose a little low end torque... but get a decent amount of top end power... I mainly got it for the sound tho... performance gains aren't going to be large enough over a O/R H to justify spending the money... that is of course unless you have lots and lots of money... in either case you decide... I have O/R Bassani X with 2 chamber flows and i love it... But thats me... Its all up 2 your preference... check this place out before you decide on one or the other www.mustangexhaust.com

good luck!
Ported Factory Heads, New Performance valvetrain , BBK 62MM TB, Sean Hyland Spec Stage One Cams, Dual Friction Centerforce Clutch, Steeda Tri-ax, Mac Cold Air, Saleen Wheels (18x9 & 18x10), Among other things...

"I Like anything Fast Enough to Do Something Stupid In"
WHITE_SVT_SNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote