MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-20-2003, 01:43 AM   #1
PeTr0
Registered Member

Default Control Arm bolt from hell

Well my suspension install wasnt going too bad ...except for the last bolt i needed to remove. Its one of the bolts that holds the lower control arm to the chasis. Well after breaking a socket and two extensions(no biggie..they were craftsman) I decided to grind the nut off to remove the bolt. Well half way through that process my dremel just sort of burns out. Will i ever get this bolt out?? Do they sell this kind of hardware at Ford dealerships? Any recomendations
Red 1993 Gt- 3.55 gears,flowmasters,BBK Shortie Headers, BBK Hi-Flow H-Pipe, BBK cold air induction w/K&N, Pro 5.0 shifer,UPR Adjustable cable and quad, 130 amp alt., underdrives,65mm T-body,MegaBite Jr. Lowers and Heavy Duty HPM uppers, Koni Yellow struts & Shocks, FMS 'B' Springs, Aluminum Driveshaft, MSD 6AL and blaster tfi coil, sony cd player and changer, kicker component speakers, Kenwood Excelon amp, 2 12" subs in the hatch,Cobra R Rims and Nitto NT555 all around, timing bumped to 13 deg., ADS Superchip, and mobil 1 oil lubing the 302.
PeTr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 07:48 AM   #2
DemonGT
Registered Member

i cant really answer your question but when i did my LCA'a both sides the long bolt was rotten...stuck in bad...what i did was ..use a mallet and a screw driver to get it out just a bit..then used a hammer the nail puller end and put it on the head of the bolt and pryed on it like i was pulling a nail out of wood...a bloody knuckle and a few hours later i had them out..i just took the bolt and nut to the hardware store and got a bolt the same length and thread...
'91 GT,410W,10.5 to 1 comp,Victor Jr. heads,Victor 5.8 intake,FTI cam,Crane retro fit lifters,Scorpian 1.6 RR's,Melling HV oil pump,MSD distro.,Canton oil pan,FMS flywheel,Romac balancer,FMS timing chain,Accufab 90mm TB,C&L 76mm maf, 42lbers,HD clutch,K&N air filter,Mac long tubes,Pro dumps,powerchamber,FMS 9mm wires,180 thermostat,Ford Racing gauges,5inch Tach,centerline convo pro's,nitto DR's,Pro3i lower control arms,50/50 shocks,3.55 gears,TFS HD diff. cover

Next year:

Tremec TKO,Spec stage 3 clutch,alum driveshaft,complete fuel system

www.angelfire.com/linux/demondan
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 09:58 AM   #3
sn95gt19
motors done......woohooo

i had to cut all 4 bolts off of my lowers, they wouldnt come out for anything. just cut the head of the bolt off, then take a punch or a screwdriver and push it through. If that doesnt work just heat up the rubber on the old arm and if your lucky the whole metal sleave will pull out. (dont worry you dont need the old bushings anyways)
mine came with new bolts, but you can just go the hardware store and pick some up. a dealer will probably charge you $10 for 1 bolt.

95gt lazer red (98 cobra clone)
Rice Haters Club Member #116
sn95gt19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 10:21 AM   #4
429mustang
Registered Member

It's always the last F*cking bolt! Or everything comes off good, then somethings missing or doesn't fit.
Old 03-21-2003, 03:04 AM   #5
PeTr0
Registered Member

Default sn95gt

What did u use to cut the head off of the bolts that are on the chasis side....they are in that small hole???
Red 1993 Gt- 3.55 gears,flowmasters,BBK Shortie Headers, BBK Hi-Flow H-Pipe, BBK cold air induction w/K&N, Pro 5.0 shifer,UPR Adjustable cable and quad, 130 amp alt., underdrives,65mm T-body,MegaBite Jr. Lowers and Heavy Duty HPM uppers, Koni Yellow struts & Shocks, FMS 'B' Springs, Aluminum Driveshaft, MSD 6AL and blaster tfi coil, sony cd player and changer, kicker component speakers, Kenwood Excelon amp, 2 12" subs in the hatch,Cobra R Rims and Nitto NT555 all around, timing bumped to 13 deg., ADS Superchip, and mobil 1 oil lubing the 302.
PeTr0 is offline   Reply With Quote