MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Modular Madness (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   FINALLY! (Must read for early modular owners...) (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=19506)

Hammer 02-13-2002 07:31 PM

FINALLY! (Must read for early modular owners...)

Finally!

A made to order and affordable intake\cylinder head swap kit for 96-98 GTs...

Check it out:
http://www.mustangworks.com/autonews...3625788,44734,

95mustanggt 02-14-2002 10:10 AM

I was waiting for you to say something about this. How does this stuff compare to the SVO parts?

SMOKE 02-14-2002 07:18 PM

Now that is what I'm talking about.

Finally.

Sweet and affordable for the early SN95ers.

Compared to SVO, probably not as good meaning quality is OEM but flow capabilities below SVO's stuff. But you can't beat it for the price. :D

Awesome.

SLOW 97 02-15-2002 10:28 AM

If you guys like that then you'll love this. Sean Hyland Motorsport has this package plus two others w/ Bullitt intake and HI-PO cams. These are a great price. The #3 Package should add 100+ RWHP for $3999 N/A!!! Even more power if you have blower already. This will help us early 96-98 modular guys keep up with the New Edge GT guys. You can find these here at www.seanhylandmotorsport.com.

StoplightWarrior 02-15-2002 03:42 PM

Finally! Bout time!

Can't wait till the mod motors have as much head/intake performance parts variety as the 5.0's do.

SD Wheeler 02-18-2002 05:41 PM

Hammer,
Thanks for the post. Glad someone noticed! :D

95 GT/Smoke,
The package is comparable to the SVO parts. With the stock valves the flow is a bit less than the SVO heads if they have been fully ported. The velocity in these heads is the key difference. I have been able to improve flow dramatically while maintaining flow velocity through the runners. My custom 3 angle valve job is another plus. I have over 100 hours experimenting with different angles to find the best combination. With the simple addition of the ModMax oversize stainless steel valves (which I keep in stock here at DTA) I can put the PI heads right there with the best SVO heads.

Slow97,
Once again, SHM is behind the curve. His kit contains the '99/00 heads and is not ported. My kit contains the '01/02 heads and comes fully ported. Also, by using the newer heads you avoid having to switch valve covers and using different front cover bolts. This saves money for the buyer. I have several options available so you can tailor the heads to your application and available finances. The ModMax valvespring kit is available by adding $250 to the kit price. ModMax oversize stainless steel valves are also an option at $400 (valves and machine work). I can also lower the compression for those of you with superchargers. You want cams? I have 5 different N/A grinds and 3 different blower grinds available right now for $250 per set. These are regrinds but don't require lash caps like the Crane regrinds. I will also have the complete line of ModMax cams once they are available.
Now.....intake packages. The SHM stuff is once again......unported and incomplete. I am also offering a complete Ported Bullitt Intake Package for all '96 & up cars. These two kits have every last part necessary to switch to the Bullitt intake. Kit A has the Ford alternator included and is priced at $1500; Kit B is offered without the Ford alternator and is $1300. The alternator and required harness is available from Performance Automotive. Keep in mind......the intake comes fully ported and ready to bolt on.

So you can see that I'm trying to help the modular community by offering package performance at affordable pricing. I will have the website up within a few weeks so you can browse around and check out the other performance goodies I'll have. Stroker kits, short blocks, Cobra head/intake packages to name a few. I'm even working on a 358" shortblock for those of you wanting a "bigger" Cobra engine. Let me know if I can help any of you. My email is: shannan.wheeler@ps.ge.com
Phone: 281-864-2940 days
832-556-0441 evenings after 7pm (central)

Thanks!

SLOW 97 02-20-2002 10:23 AM

You've got me really interested in that 358 Cobra short block!!! It'would give the 4V what it really needs.... LOW END TORQUE!!!

SD Wheeler 02-20-2002 08:31 PM

It's not just the 358" shortblock that'll do it. The ModMax stroker kits will give you 302", 324" or the custom 358".