MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-28-1999, 02:57 PM   #1
Ripper
Registered Member

Question FMS Pulleys and Throttle body

I have a 99GT and I'm looking for a good set of pulleys. I had Steeda's pulleys on my 95GT and loved them but they want $200 for the 99'. FMS pulleys are $30 cheaper, does anyone have any experience with them? And, does FMS manufacture them or does someone like ASP produce them and then FMS slaps their name on? Same questions for the throttle body. Thanks!
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-1999, 05:30 PM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

I don't have any data on the throttle body, but I couldn't be happier with the FMS pulleys that are on my 98 GT. They perform great and look good in blue...;-)
You can never be 100% sure about who manufactures what anymore, but the box had Ford Motorsport and its logos all over the box....

Hope this helps,
Hammer

------------------
98 GT
Dyno-Max cat-back exhaust, 3.73 gears, Steeda shifter, Ford Motorsport Underdrive pullies, 87mm MAF and Roush cold air kit...

Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-1999, 08:01 PM   #3
john edwards
Registered Member

Unhappy

I put my 70mm t-body on at the track after baseline passes to verify any improvement. On MY car there was ZERO diffrence. Since I plan on making further improvements I left it on.

------------------
John Edwards
Mod Motor #2
Yellow 99 GT
13.71 @ 100.69
john edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-1999, 08:52 PM   #4
RedGTvert
Registered Member

TB, probably not worth much on N/A 99/00's. Will add some once you throw a blower on.

Underdrive pullies are worth it, but if you plan on adding a blower later, remember to keep your stockers cause you'll need to put em back on.
RedGTvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-1999, 10:52 PM   #5
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Good catch on the blower Red...
Actually, my stock pulleys are sitting in the FMS box hoping that they will one day be re-united with the engine with a Vortech as a new friend!

------------------
98 GT
Dyno-Max cat-back exhaust, 3.73 gears, Steeda shifter, Ford Motorsport Underdrive pullies, 87mm MAF and Roush cold air kit...

Old 12-29-1999, 04:17 PM   #6
Ripper
Registered Member

Unhappy

From what I've read so far in MM&FF, the 99-00s do not respond very well to new (larger) mass air meters or throttle bodies.
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-1999, 05:02 PM   #7
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

While not a 99-00 motor,
My 98 GT received a small improvement in response after 4k RPM with the larger MAF.
Unfortunately the improvement was so small that no one else but me noticed the change.
I am assuming that the results would be similiar on later near-stock modular motors.

If you plan on getting a blower, the throttle body would be a good pre-purchase as you will get better results from the upgrade while using forced induction...

Also, if a blower is planned, you would probably want to get a larger MAF at that time, being sure it is properly calibrated for your S/C application...

------------------
98 GT

Old 12-30-1999, 12:17 PM   #8
Red96GT
Registered Member

FMS Pulleys are made by March...

My 70mm TB didn't do squat for me either (N/A), but as has been noted, good if you're going the blower route..

------------------
96 GT: KB subs, March pulleys, Bassani X pipe, 3.73's, alum. drive shaft, 70mm TB, K&N, KB Carbon Kevlar BP, Steeda Tri-ax shifter, Flowmasters, MSD wires

H&R springs, Tokico Illuminas,MM C/C plate & GW RLCA sitting in the garage waiting for a free weekend...

Red96GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2000, 02:26 AM   #9
Killercammer
Registered Member

Go with either the FMS or the march pullies there the same ones just depends if you want black or blue. If your not worried about color get the March ones, they'll be cheaper for sure. I had the March ones but took them off because of my supercharger.
Any questions mail me at 281cammer@altavista.net
Killercammer

------------------
98 GT
Vortech S-trim
80mm Pro-M
75mm BBk Throttle body
3.55 FMS gears
Flowmaster Catback
Steeda Tri-ax shifter
Jamex 1.5 springs
Power Slot rotors