MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-20-1999, 01:17 PM   #1
kbuckman
Registered Member

Question FRPP 32-Valve parts

Any you guys know a whole lot on the new '99 intake and 4V heads that Ford Racing makes? Does the intake flow better than the Threshie Motorsport intake? I donn't know, I guess I just need to get a new set of heads, because I have heard the stock units are terrible, rather Ford could have a done lot better. And I guess they did that with '99's.

Also, are the 99 heads that much better than the 96 heads? And are they a hair a bigger? 'Cause I was told that I had to use the FRPP '99 intake with the new heads. Is that true?

I'm still learnin' about the mod motor, but thinking of gettin' back into the 5.0 game (I still keep the Cobra, though).

------------------
1996 Cobra
FMS 4:10 gears
Flowmaster exhaust
Pro-M 77 MAF
ASP Underdrive Pulleys
62 mm Throttle Body
Cobra R rims
Steeda Tri-Ax shifter
JET chip
Eibach Lowering Kit
Steeda Upper and Lower Control Arms
Steeda X-Pipe
12.88@~107
1.95 60 footer

kbuckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-1999, 09:18 PM   #2
green98gt
Registered Member

I haven't seen flow numbers on either intake, but I have seen some dyno numbers. According to the Dec. issue of MM&FF, the FRPP unit produces 25hp with no loss in torque on a relatively stock 99 cobra. All the dyno charts of the Threshie intake that I have seen involve seriously modified longblocks (ie fully ported heads, stroked and bored blocks, etc.), so a far comparison really can't be made. The FRPP intake requires the use of 99 or the new FRPP heads where as the Threshie unit requires the use of pre 99 heads. Expect a delay on both units. SHM claims 50hp gains over the best 96-98 heads with the newer "tumble port"(99) heads. As far as "gettin back into the 5.0 game" goes, if it were me, I'd stick with the cobra. If you can be patient, I think you will see major developments in the aftermarket for 4.6L. Hope this helps. Josh
green98gt is offline   Reply With Quote