MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-25-2006, 08:58 AM   #1
fosixx
Registered Member

Default Fuel Pump Problems

HEY YALL BEEN AWHILE BUT SPRING IS HERE TIME TO GET TO WORK I TRIED TO INSTALL MY WALBRO FUEL PUMP EVERYTHING WENT WELL TILL I DROPPED THE TANK BUT COULD NOT COMPLETELY DROP IT FROM FILLER TUBE HEARD I HAVE TO JUST CUT THE FILLER TUBE PLEASE FILL ME IN DONT WANT TO CUT IF I DONT HAVE TO I HAVE A 96 GT!
Old 03-25-2006, 12:09 PM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default Re: Fuel Pump Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosixx
HEY YALL BEEN AWHILE BUT SPRING IS HERE TIME TO GET TO WORK I TRIED TO INSTALL MY WALBRO FUEL PUMP EVERYTHING WENT WELL TILL I DROPPED THE TANK BUT COULD NOT COMPLETELY DROP IT FROM FILLER TUBE HEARD I HAVE TO JUST CUT THE FILLER TUBE PLEASE FILL ME IN DONT WANT TO CUT IF I DONT HAVE TO I HAVE A 96 GT!
Haven't ever dealt with a fuel tank that you couldn't slide the filler tube out of completely. Are you just out of room underneath the car to continue sliding the tank away from the filler neck?
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:53 AM   #3
fosixx
Registered Member

i was told that the majority of the time you have to cut it cause its rusted on but on the sliding it there is a rubber spacer where it connects to the tank do i just lube it and slide or cut that off and it slides out or ?
Old 03-27-2006, 02:51 PM   #4
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

DO NOT repeat DO NOT cut the filler neck!! All you have to do is slide it to the driver's side of the car and it will pull out. You may have to be a bit forceful with it. Also, you will have to unblot a bracket so that you get enough play in the tube itself. It takes a 7mm socket and you are on your way. Oh, don't forget to take off the screw clamp on the other line there. Hope this helps.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: