MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-04-2002, 03:06 PM   #1
COUSIN ROB
Registered Member

Question Fuel Pumps

I am having problems with the idle og my 96 GT. It seem some what irregular. The RPM drops then goes back up at idle. I am wondering if it could be the fuel pump. Do fuel pumps just quit altogether when they wear out or is it gradual?
Do all Ford Mustang fuel pumps whine like mine? Not too loud but I can hear it from outside the car.
COUSIN ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 08:43 PM   #2
Badass_yellowGT
Registered Member

yes fuel pump can die just like thatwithout warning every mustang including mine and my brothers makes a low whine when the tank is getting empty. if you are hearing it when the tank is full i`d say something is wrong and have it checked amd as for the idle are you meaning like you give it some gas and then let off the idle will drop below the recommended level causing the engine ti adjust high at first the down to normal gradualy
Rice Haters Club Member #55
For My car Specs Click the Home page link
http://www.badassyellowgt.50g.com/
Badass_yellowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 09:11 AM   #3
COUSIN ROB
Registered Member

Thanks for your reply BadassYGT. Yes I can here my pump with the tank full but it think it has been the same for the three years that i have had it.
The Idle thing happens when the car is just at idle. It drops and the goes back up to normal. Lately some times when i let my foot off the clutch and start to accelrate i get a bit of a lag like it may have dropped RPM just at that moment too. I was thinking it might have some thing to do with fuel supply.
COUSIN ROB is offline   Reply With Quote