MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-25-2004, 07:25 PM   #1
Ilsimen
Registered Member

Question Fuel Smell Inside Car

First off I'd like to say I'm a bit of a newbie at this so go easy on me. I've had my 01 GT for 8 months now and until today I've had no problems with it. Today, however, on three different occasions I got a real heavy fuel smell inside the car following heavy acceleration in 2nd gear. The car also stalled once on me when I was coming to a stop. The only difference between today and yesterday is that last night I removed the air silencer after reading about it on here. Could my problems be linked to the removal of the silencer, and should I even be concerned about the smell? Thanks in advance for any advice you all can give me. Mike
Ilsimen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 12:19 PM   #2
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Removing the Air silencer shouldnt have any affect on the car like you are experiencing.

Though, check everything you did to remove the silencer. Did you pull your Air ducting and filter box out to remove it? Or did you just gank it out with everything still in the car?

My car when stock stalled on me once or twice when I put the clutch in...just glitches I guess.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 08:43 PM   #3
Ilsimen
Registered Member

Well, I'm an idiot. I should have figured it out when I mentioned "fuel smell". SES light came on tonight and the first thing I thought was to check the gas cap. (Girlfriend was so kind to fill it up for me yesterday) Low and behold, it was just sitting inside the fuel door, unscrewed. I guess my next question is how long will it take for the SES light to go off? Thanks for the help. Mike
Ilsimen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 02:42 PM   #4
SMOKE
Old School ROUSH

Cool

Ha, ha, ha .... happens. You coould unplug the battery let is sit for awhile. That will clear the SES light.
SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote