MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2006, 06:18 PM   #1
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Default Gear heads inside..

Ok, I am building another car. I haven't purchased the actual car yet, but I have several cars to choose from. Anyway, I am building a mid 80's (84-86) notchback to be a street/strip car. Mainly strip, but will see duty as a daily driver. I have the Mod engine that I want to drop in it, I just have to asemble it. I do need a set of 4V heads, and if anyone has a line on a set...hit me up.

Now here's where it starts to get good.....

I am going with at least a single turbo, but want to go twins. Mainly for bragging rights, you know how us car guys are. I know that if I end up with a single unit, I want to go with either a 70mm or 76mm T-4 unit. I'm not exactly a stranger to the turbo world, but I don't really understand the compressor maps. If someone on here understands them, please school me on them.

I also need some advice on tranny. I know that I am going to go manual route, and TKO makes about the best unit on the market. The question is, will I be better off with 5 gears(track) or 6 gears(road)? I know that with some companies, like Jerico, you can custom order your gear ratios, but again, not that much of a gear head.

I am going to port the ever loving crap out of the heads, but for arguements sake, let's say I'm going with a stage 3 port job, with stage 3 cams. I will also be running a fully forged bottom end, main girdle, and so on. I fully expect to twist the rollers to the tune of about 650 or so.

All of this will be ran with a FAST setup. I will need some tuning work on this, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Well, I guess that pretty much covers the basics. Any thoughts? Concerns? Ideas? Please post them up. I am not too proud to ask for help, and I will post up pics as they are taken.

Later.