MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-17-2000, 10:37 PM   #1
97snakedriver
Registered Member

Question What's next... or after that

Well, well, well. Its that time of year again. After reading a few 1000 posts, looking at a 20 or so dyno graphs, and talking to some upteen zillion people, there's a big pile 'o parts in the living room, which will go on shortly after a get my car back from the body shop (damn women driver.)

This pile 'o parts consists of a headers, X-pipe, cat-back. The chasis is more or less worked out, the suspension is done, time to make power.

Eventually this cars going to be a weekend warrior, queen of the garage, but for now its a "spirited" daily driver. I don't have the time or money for a blower right now, but that's coming. Since the exhaulst is getting ready to be done, the next logical step is the intake. The obvious next step is MAF, which is in the works. After that it gets a little cloudy.

One of my goals is to avoid duplicate work, so I don't want to buy a cold air kit, which will just be replaced later anyway. 2 X 57mm is a lot of throttle to begin with, so for now, I don't think the bang for the buck for a larger one is justified just yet.

Other then that I'm looking at further chasis bracing, ported intake, cams, ported heads, stronger bottem-end (pretty pricy), or something I haven't thunk of yet. Any ideas or comments?
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2000, 10:39 PM   #2
97snakedriver
Registered Member

Oh yeah, what I got, not including the stuff in the living room:

------------------
'97 Cobra, K&N, Flowmaster, subframes, 4.10 gears, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, Steeda G-Trac 3, Cobra R wheels w/ Goodyear F1s
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote