MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-04-2003, 10:44 AM   #1
Miss Mischief
Registered Member

Default I need More Input On My exshaust Debate Please

Ok I have a 2000 V-6 5 speed Pony with a 6 pound blower she is going to be built out as a curve cutter Most of those mods are laid Out. However whats Up for Debate her is this, She has a single exshaust with the stock Headers Of Coarse I will Put on a set of ceramic Macs with heat resistent metalic material wrapped around them. Here is the Debate From those Duals I have been Talking to a Exshaust Tech here In Louisville he sugested that from the Header I use a 3" Diameter single exshaust all the way back inproving flow but alowing for restrition at the cat and the Turbo Muffler. Midus says the Guy has a screw loose I need From the mac's back 1 1/2" Dual exshaust with Dual Cats???? Help Please....

RHC#153 Proud to carry the Card

2000 V-6 5 speed Frame Braces [Steeda] [Wanna be Cobra] 17" Rims with Kuhmo 245's 5 Spoke Gunmetal finish [Power Dyne] Blower Unpolished 6 psi {Mods to Come} [Steeda] Springs slightly lower then stock [Steeda] Anti sway bars front and rear.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Big six 5 speed Infinty Bose steroe Lots of Creatures Comforts [Mods] Brush/ Push bar Full length Welded and Bolted , Tow Hook Front and Rear 30" Goodyear AT's .
Miss Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 08:22 AM   #2
GodStang
College Stanger

Go with true Duals. It looks better and sounds better and better air flow. I have sound clips of My tru duals on my 94 v6. If I ever get off my lazy but and if someone wants to hear them I will post them.
Old 04-06-2003, 08:47 PM   #3
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Hmm,
Good question... my limited knowledge of the sixers are going to show here.

But considering you might want to save some torque on the low end (especially running a six), I would opt for a single exhaust with a dual conversion at the back.

As my experience with base models are limited, results may vary...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 01:52 PM   #4
arivera
Registered Member

Godstang gives excellent advise. He, as well as a few others, helped me make this same decision.

I have a 97 V-6, 3.8. I went with true dual exhaust. My muffler guy cut the 'Y' pipe right behind the cats, then ran 2-1/4 inch aluminized pipe into two, dual-chamber Flowmaster mufflers and Stainless steel tips.

It sounds great, looks great and gave my some extra ponies!
'97 V-6 Stang: Custom Catback Exhaust System w/2 Flowmaster 40 series dual-chamber mufflers [True Dual Exhaust] w/ 3-1/2 inch tips, DenseCharger Cold Air Induction, Taylor 8mm Ignition Wires, PIAA hyperwhite headlights, Carbon Fiber Dash Bezel, Econ Front and rear drilled and slotted rotors.
arivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 04:32 PM   #5
PNYXPS66
Registered Member

Default Hands down . . .Flowtech!

Go with 2.25" duals into dual cats with either an H pipe or - for better performance - an X pipe between the cats and dual 50 series delta flow Flowtech mufflers. Go to their site http://www.flowtechmufflers.com and check out the 50 series mufflers. They have some sound clips that will show you what they sound like (take into account the examples are of camaro 3.8L's). I truly believe you will not go wrong with the flowtech decision and 2.25" exhaust all the way. Going with a 3" single exhaust will only impede your air flow and reduce your back pressure too much. Besides, a 3" pipe only allows about 66mm of airflow to exit. If your throttle body is a 70mm, you have a 4mm restriction before you even start the car! If you go with dual 2.25", you have a total of 4.5" of exhaust room, giving about a 99mm airflow availability. If you are running a 70mm TB, you have an extra 29mm of room for your blower! With the delta chambers, you will still retain your back pressure since there's not a "direct" output (or straight-pipe). Too much flow is as bad as too much restriction.

Go dual and GET IT ON BABY!
Old 04-08-2003, 04:36 PM   #6
PNYXPS66
Registered Member

Talking BRAIN FART!!

Duh! The real URL is http://www.flowmastermufflers.com, NOT FLOWTECH!

All references above were for flowmaster mufflers.

Guess that one blew up in my face!
Old 04-09-2003, 05:11 AM   #7
Miss Mischief
Registered Member

Default Re: BRAIN FART!!

Quote:
Originally posted by PNYXPS66
Duh! The real URL is http://www.flowmastermufflers.com, NOT FLOWTECH!

All references above were for flowmaster mufflers.

Guess that one blew up in my face!
Sorry niether Link works But it seems Obvious that i need Header back Duals with no Header Wraps. Mr Muffler a Close friend I have done buisness with for years can madrel bend Stainlless steel 2.1/4" True duals with Dual 6 cylinder Cats and an H Pipe Connector. Put hangers down my right side and Install Pretty Much what every mufflers I want and then Just Have the exshaust Tips Pointing Down Like the one that is On the Left side. Now He doesnt go buy estimate the price is the price without Mufflers but with Cats $650 Plus again the cost of any mufflers I choose I would truely Like to Give Her a Throaty sound Cherry Bombs where Fun On My 351 Lx But I dont think they will cut it here.

P.S. Mr Mufflers Moto Is "No Muff to tough" He offered me a T-shirt I declined

RHC#153 Proud to carry the Card

2000 V-6 5 speed Frame Braces [Steeda] [Wanna be Cobra] 17" Rims with Kuhmo 245's 5 Spoke Gunmetal finish [Power Dyne] Blower Unpolished 6 psi {Mods to Come} [Steeda] Springs slightly lower then stock [Steeda] Anti sway bars front and rear.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Big six 5 speed Infinty Bose steroe Lots of Creatures Comforts [Mods] Brush/ Push bar Full length Welded and Bolted , Tow Hook Front and Rear 30" Goodyear AT's .

Last edited by Miss Mischief; 04-09-2003 at 05:18 AM..
Miss Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 06:27 AM   #8
PNYXPS66
Registered Member

Default Hmmm . . .

Copy the second URL into your browser address line and it will work. I know it works, I just got a pair of 50 series deltas for my 2.3L dual setup
Old 04-09-2003, 06:29 AM   #9
PNYXPS66
Registered Member

Default ok, it's too early . . .

Found the issue with the URL. When you copy it to the address line, delete the comma after the .com! I swear I've not been drinking!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: