MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-30-2004, 02:09 PM   #1
johnster25
Registered Member

Default Hammer shifter adjustment help

I recently purchased and installed a B&M Hammer shifter. The install went well, but I cant seem to get it to go completely into park. At first It wouldnt go into park at all (the reverse lights would come on when the shifter was in Park) and the manual said to get a new cable from ford. I purchased a new one from ford and now when the shifter is in park, the reverse lights are out, but the tranny must not be in park all of the way so it wont start. I crawled under the car and adjusted the cable to the tranny as directed by B&M but still nothing. If I push on the cable where it is attached to the tranny, the car will go into park far enough to start it, but once I run through the gears I get back to square one.
I appreciate any and all help or suggestions on this matter!!
johnster25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 03:14 PM   #2
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Dont want you to think your being ignored...Read your post, but I can offer No assistance. I'm not to familar with Aftermarket Automatic Shifters. Hopefully someone else will give ya a hand.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 03:18 PM   #3
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

HEY YOUR IN FAYETTEVILLE ALSO! WOW...JUST NOTICED THAT! Stop by Hooters on Mcpherson Church Rd on Saturday nights sometime. I'll either be in an Old Red Mustang, or a new Red Mustang. Just ask for Mercury. You'll also see either a Big Blue Truck, Blue Fairlane, Red Truck, or Crothc Rocket out front...thats me and my friends.

If you dont see a red Mustang of some sort parked next to the trucks, then I'm not there. We get out there at about 10ish.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 03:39 PM   #4
johnster25
Registered Member

Thanks Merc. If I remember correctly we chatted a bit when I was in Iraq last year. Do you know of any place that I may beable to take it to have it adjusted? I only know of one guy who put the pullies on (wife did it for me when I was in Iraq) and adjusted the bung on my headers for my O2 sensor. I have done almost all of my mods myself. I dont want to take it to just anyone who knows nothing about cars!!LOL Thanks in advance
STEEDA U/D PULLIES, MEZEIRE ELECTRIC H20 PUMP, DIABLOSPORT PREDATOR FLASH TUNER, BASSANI MID LENGTH HEADERS AND CATTED X, FLOWMASTERS W/ TURN DOWNS, C&L UPPER INTAKE, 80mm MASS AIR METER,AND TRUE FLOW PIPE, 75 mm BBK TB125 ZEX, 24lb INJECTORS, 4.10s, B&M HAMMER, EIBACH PROGRESSIVE, COBRA WHEELS 275x45R17(F), 315x40r17(R), KENNY BROWN SUBFRAMES, BBK STRUT TOWER BRACE, V6 SLEEPER BUMPER/ SHAVED EMBLEMS
Old 10-01-2004, 11:37 PM   #5
Blev
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by johnster25
Thanks Merc. If I remember correctly we chatted a bit when I was in Iraq last year. Do you know of any place that I may beable to take it to have it adjusted? I only know of one guy who put the pullies on (wife did it for me when I was in Iraq) and adjusted the bung on my headers for my O2 sensor. I have done almost all of my mods myself. I dont want to take it to just anyone who knows nothing about cars!!LOL Thanks in advance
Just a thought, but have you tried contacting B&M? I have delt with them before and they have some pretty knowledgeable people over there.
PI adapter plates
Moded BBK CAI
Bassani cat-back
Magnaflow-X w/cats
FRPP 3:73's
DM SpeedCal
MSD 8.5 plug wires
H&R SuperSports
KYB SnS's
Acufab Plenum &TB
Eye Candy
Classic Light Bar
Saleen spoiler
Saleen Heat Extractor Hood
FRPP Hood Pins
Foglight mod
Redline Hood shocks
EL-Glo Cobalt Blue Reverse Glo Guages
TSW Slot's 245/40/18 275/40/18
Ultra Clear headlights & Foglights
Blev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 01:50 AM   #6
johnster25
Registered Member

Default thanks Blev but...

I called them and they told me that I needed to tighten the nut that ataches the shifter itself to the the arm deal. That is their words. I did actually try that and it didnt work either.LOL That is when I thought that I would ask the other mustangies!!LOL I figured that someone else would beable to help me out!!
STEEDA U/D PULLIES, MEZEIRE ELECTRIC H20 PUMP, DIABLOSPORT PREDATOR FLASH TUNER, BASSANI MID LENGTH HEADERS AND CATTED X, FLOWMASTERS W/ TURN DOWNS, C&L UPPER INTAKE, 80mm MASS AIR METER,AND TRUE FLOW PIPE, 75 mm BBK TB125 ZEX, 24lb INJECTORS, 4.10s, B&M HAMMER, EIBACH PROGRESSIVE, COBRA WHEELS 275x45R17(F), 315x40r17(R), KENNY BROWN SUBFRAMES, BBK STRUT TOWER BRACE, V6 SLEEPER BUMPER/ SHAVED EMBLEMS
Old 10-12-2004, 09:11 PM   #7
Blev
Registered Member

Default Re: thanks Blev but...

Quote:
Originally posted by johnster25
I called them and they told me that I needed to tighten the nut that ataches the shifter itself to the the arm deal. That is their words. I did actually try that and it didnt work either.LOL That is when I thought that I would ask the other mustangies!!LOL I figured that someone else would beable to help me out!!
Bummer, sorry to hear that bro. I was considering that shifter along with the Street/strip Valve body. Time to reconsider my options.
PI adapter plates
Moded BBK CAI
Bassani cat-back
Magnaflow-X w/cats
FRPP 3:73's
DM SpeedCal
MSD 8.5 plug wires
H&R SuperSports
KYB SnS's
Acufab Plenum &TB
Eye Candy
Classic Light Bar
Saleen spoiler
Saleen Heat Extractor Hood
FRPP Hood Pins
Foglight mod
Redline Hood shocks
EL-Glo Cobalt Blue Reverse Glo Guages
TSW Slot's 245/40/18 275/40/18
Ultra Clear headlights & Foglights
Blev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 03:44 PM   #8
johnster25
Registered Member

Default Re: Hammer shifter adjustment help

Thanks for all of your inputs!! I took it to a local shop today to have it adjusted and the guy told me that the shift bable lever was bent. That is what was causing my problem. He took care of it and about $50 later it is great!!! I just wanted to let you all know!! Thanks again for your information!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: