MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-04-2001, 09:58 AM   #1
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Post Yellowjacket Status...

Well, it looks like Dallas Mustang will finally be able to start work on my car next week. It looks as though I will probably be purchasing the SVO intake AND heads.
I'm tired of fiddling with it and need to get this thing back on the street.
We're going to keep the 8lb pulley on the procharger to give the engine a bit of a break, as it will be driven quite a bit.

When its all done and tuned, we're hoping to see around 400rwhp. If I get brave later on down the line, we can always strap on the 10lb pulley...

I WANT MY CAR BACK!!

------------------
"The Yellowjacket"
Ricer 1: What the heck was that!?
Ricer 2: I don't know. It looked kind of like a yellow SN95 Mustang.
Ricer 1: Nah, fast SN95 Mustangs don't exist... Must have been a mirage or something...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 11:35 AM   #2
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Hammer, I'm sure your car will haul a$$ even with 8 lbs. When I get to Dallas, you'll have to show me your ride. That car is just getting cooler all the time.

------------------
Driving: 1998 F-150
Far way in Edmonton==>
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 01:18 PM   #3
Stefan
Registered Member

Thumbs up

It may be frustrating now, but everything always works out for the best. So you spend a little (or a lot) more money right now - but once that's all in the past your car's gonna haul *** . 400rwhp? Holy Sh*t

------------------
66 Tahoe Turquoise Coupe
Laser Red 96GT Ragtop
30 Years & 30 inches apart in the driveway!
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 04:32 PM   #4
dinomite
The Dude

Hammer: what sort of drivetrain and suspension/chassis mods do you have to contain that HP?
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 04:41 PM   #5
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Right now I've got a strut tower brace and some FMS sub-frames. Some upper and lower LCAs seem to be be in my immediate future also...

The rear end has been doing quite well actually and I think it should be OK for the time being

As far as the tranny is concerned, my synchronizers are already starting to give me some trouble. So I know it'll be the next to die. I'm just gonna have to granny it for a few months while I save up some more cash. (To say that my cash supply is drained would be an understatement...)

I know that eventually I'm going to go to an FMS drive shaft. Any recommendations for a tranny resolution?

------------------
"The Yellowjacket"
Ricer 1: Nah, fast SN95 Mustangs don't exist... Must have been a mirage or something...
Old 04-05-2001, 02:40 AM   #6
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Damn, Im dying to see this thign comtogether. I dont mean to be rude or anything, but Id be surprized to see 400rwhp, but let me be the first one to say I hope you do!! That would be really awesome. Turn some 117-118mph traps... Damn! Just from what I've seen the SOHC 1st gen 4.6 doesnt make that kinda power w/ a blower, but I really dont know that much about it. So good luck, and I'm looking foward to seeing the results!

Sky

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406- TFS Heads, E-303, edelbrock intake,70MM TB, 73mm MAF, off road H, headers and 3chamber flows.
12.55@107mph
Runs on 87 Octane and gets 24mpg!
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2001, 11:25 AM   #7
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Hammer if your that straped for cash why not use 99+ heads on your car. There a heck of a lot cheaper and they flow a lot better than the stock heads on your car
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 04:00 PM   #8
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Yeah, I agree. How much is that intake?? Couldnt you get the 99 heads, and 99 intake for less than that? THat would be a wayyy better deal!!!

Sky

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406- TFS Heads, E-303, edelbrock intake,70MM TB, 73mm MAF, off road H, headers and 3chamber flows.
12.55@107mph
Runs on 87 Octane and gets 24mpg!
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 05:44 PM   #9
T_Bone
Registered Member

Smile

Yes, he could get the 99 PLASTIC intake and risk the supercharger cracking it too. But why? So he can replace it again? I think he made a good decision.

------------------
T-Bones 1997 Cobra#6342 born 6-11-97
Wht/blk, Pro 5.0,FRPP 4.10's, aluminum driveshaft, FRPP throttle body, C&L 80mm MAF, K&N, Steeda U/D pulleys, Steeda timing adjuster, Flowmasters, s/f connectors, FRPP pro springs, BBK caster/cambers.

My old 96GT
T_Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 09:23 PM   #10
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

I didn't get the 99 heads for a few reasons:
#1: I'm not doing the install myself, so I'm looking at install costs here. And to be honest, the SVO heads are a plug and play deal. No modifications, no fuss... Saves me install money
#2: Dallas Mustang actually recommended the heads over the 99s. I've worked with these guys for years, and they wouldn't steer me wrong.
#3: I just plain LIKE the SVO pieces...

The car is actually being worked on as we speak, but we're still waiting on the intake.... come on SVO...

We're also trying to figure out the induction strategy from the blower to the intake, we may need to get a piece from procharger from their Cobra supercharger kit.
Other issues involve a possible strut tower brace interference problem and we have to send out the MAF to be re-calibrated (again) for 42 pound injectors....

Ugh... mucho work, mucho cash, mucho doghouse (as far as the wife is concerned).
And yes.... Mucho Horsepower....

To be honest, I'ts getting to the point of which that I seem to be closing into Steeda\Saleen territory. I never really thought that it would come this far, but the horsepower bug has come full circle, as well as my bank account.

God help the first ricer I come across after finally picking it up....

------------------
"The Yellowjacket"