MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-24-1999, 09:19 PM   #1
87GTman

Question has anybody got there factory fix on 99 COBRA?

we are FET UP with SVT they have not gotten our parts to fix my dads 99 cobra has anyone out there got ther fix if so did it help?

------------------
87 Gt mods are, HD clutch kit, T5 steel bearing retainer, 190 fuel pump, k&N panel, adj. cable and clutch quad., 3.73 gears rebuilt posi, 2.5 inch off road H pipe and 2 chamber flowmasters,
Best times reaction .504 60 ft. 2.01 eighth 9.10 @ 77 quarter 14.08 @ 99 on street radials.
Old 11-26-1999, 12:35 AM   #2
RAILROAD
Registered Member

87gtman, I've got the hp fix on my 99 Cobra. I was in the initial group, probably to get some feedback. It is nothing short of fantastic. It is not the same car. I pre dynoed at 248 and haven't bothered to check it post fix. I have a vib problem that is still being addressed. If you have no problems other than the hp, hang in there. It is the hp jump I have felt short of NOS.
Good luck
RAILROAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-1999, 11:15 PM   #3
C
Registered Member

87GTman...
My 99CobraCpe#1166(delivered 04/13)...svt'fix' on 10/08...dynoed @280.1 rwhp/289.0 rwtq...no mods, K&N filter in box...'fix' consisted of new intake...cat-back exhaust...new idler pulley...& computer re-flash...much more responsive @ all rpm ranges...revs freer...exhaust note sounds much better...IMO, most of the improvement was a result of cat-back...you got'a keep at 'em, they owe you...Do you have any of the other infamous
problems with yours? Best of luck,

<C>
C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-1999, 01:51 PM   #4
Rebel79
News Editor

Check out www.blueovalnews.com
They had a Ford internal document stating that the Cobra fix does not really fix the problem. They are considering a buy back still or even putting in the 2000 Cobra motor.

I have heard some compaints from Cobra owners who dynoed really low, such as 230rwhp and after the fix they are only at 250-260. I would be pissed too!

I also saw a 99 COBRA almost loose to a mid 14 second ricer! Obviously he did not have the fix!

Just hang in there. Also you might want to join in on the Class-Action Law Suit against Ford.

------------------
'94 Cobra
308ci, ported GT-40 heads, Crane 2031 cam .513"/.529" lift 276°/282° duration, 70mm TB, Custom 80mm MAF, JMS chip, Vortech S-trim 8#, MSD, TREX fuel pump, Accel coil, 3.55's, FMS 1 5/8 headers, BBK Offroad H-pipe, and 2-chamber flows.
1994 Mustang Cobra
Check out the pics of my Motor Buildup!
Rebel79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2000, 10:57 PM   #5
fixer
Registered Member

hey guys the word on the cobra is it is not built or " engineered" by the same people as the gt. the last cobra that was engineered by the same people as the mustang was the 93 and guess how many problems that car has?/??? ZERO. lemme say that again:ZERO. the cobra has been such a huge let down for everyone including ford themselves that yes they really don't know what to do with the car. i read in b.o.n that the head of powertrain is entertaining the idea of bringing back the 5.0 because the cobra is the laughing stock of performance. the new cobra was tested out at the bondurant school in phx and i could not believe my eyes when those stock 5.0 gt's were neck and neck with the new cobra. the cobra couldn't go three laps and it was done. 5 different ones later and the same result. the motor is not the only problem: the rear ends over heat also. big time man. the vibration complaint is also not knew and is also a defect as well as a noise from the rear end area. i'm sure the corvette boys take one good look at the "IRS" and laugh out loud as they should.
fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2000, 10:57 PM   #6
fixer
Registered Member

hey guys the word on the cobra is it is not built or " engineered" by the same people as the gt. the last cobra that was engineered by the same people as the mustang was the 93 and guess how many problems that car has?/??? ZERO. lemme say that again:ZERO. the cobra has been such a huge let down for everyone including ford themselves that yes they really don't know what to do with the car. i read in b.o.n that the head of powertrain is entertaining the idea of bringing back the 5.0 because the cobra is the laughing stock of performance. the new cobra was tested out at the bondurant school in phx and i could not believe my eyes when those stock 5.0 gt's were neck and neck with the new cobra. the cobra couldn't go three laps and it was done. 5 different ones later and the same result. the motor is not the only problem: the rear ends over heat also. big time man. the vibration complaint is also not knew and is also a defect as well as a noise from the rear end area. i'm sure the corvette boys take one good look at the "IRS" and laugh out loud as they should.
fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2000, 03:45 AM   #7
Dynamite69
Registered Member

Got my 99 SVT back today from getting the fix, and WOW. Sounds and feels stronger, much better throttle response as well. In a speed-shift (granny style) i damn near got sideways going into second
I dynoed 271.6hp and 277.8tq PRE FIX, stock (ok, a K&N and 15w50 mobil 1 synthetic) so Im a little anxious as to my power now

Steve
Dynamite69 is offline   Reply With Quote