View Single Post
Old 03-27-2002, 08:39 PM   #4
95GTS
Git jiggy

Cool

In my opinion I'd go the 5.0 route. Just the 99-up heads/intake will run around $1000 if you're very lucky. Then the cams and whatever else will be pretty high as well. You'd be better off getting a roots blower put on. The 4.6 lacks the torque of the 5.0. Parts for the 4.6 are alot more expensive than the 5.0 parts. Plus they are much more difficult to work on.

Any particular reason you want to use the GT40P heads? Why not the regular GT40 cast irons and you won't need the odd ball headers and you'll have a little more exhaust valve openning on the heads? You can easily get into a set of the regular cast irons (used) for about $350. There's usually a set for sale from someone's GEN 1 on the classified parts section of the National Lightning Owner's Club website. I don't know anything about the Steeda cam but a custom ground cam would be the best way to go. Anyways, good luck getting your combo together.

Also the S281 is basically cosmetics with some small suspension mods. The motor is the reg GT motor but the 99-up has a bump up in hp to I think around 285 hp from their Saleen Powerflash chip.