MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-28-2001, 03:22 AM   #1
ed1371
Registered Member

Talking saw my dad for the first time in 6 years!

ok, I posted this at the corral but I am damn happy...

I have been in the Corps for 9 years now...only got to go home a few times a long while ago. My Parents came out for a week to see my 3 y/o son (first time for my dad and may be the last if things go bad)
My pop somehow survived some really bad cancer and seeing him today was really hard on me. My dad was THE tough guy...built solid, vietnam vet, worked hard labor for a living to keep the family comfortable and would never back down from $hit!
cancer, surgery, drinking HEAVILY, and other illnesses have taken thier toll...
He was barely a shadow of the once powerful man he was physically, but sharp as a razor mentally, happier than I had ever seen him (especially when my son jumped up to meet him yelling grampa!)
Of course I took him for a ride in the stang (he has never been in a car with me driving) and used almost a half bottle of nitrous...
(ok so this is mushy but I dont give a ******)
Today was the best day of my life. Seeing him and my son together was something I almost never got to see...I am very lucky..

------------------
My Mustang
91 LX Conv. 52,000 orig mi. Hurst shifter,King Cobra clutch, 3.55 grs, NOS 150 kit, MSD 6al, MSD timing control, malory coil, pullies, adj fuel reg, BBK 70mm tb, Pro-m 75mm maf, battery in trunk, JBA: shorties,subs,strut tower brc, Comp eng. 6 point cage, dynomax 2 1/2" exhaust, Hotchkis lower cntrl arms, MAC cold air kit, off road h pipe.
ed1371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 09:08 AM   #2
Stefan
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Hey man that's awesome. Don't worry about being mushy. We're all a community (family) in one way or another here so it's nice that you can share. I'm sure it won't be the last time you all get together either.

Brett

------------------
66 Tahoe Turquoise Coupe
Laser Red 96GT Ragtop
30 Years & 30 inches apart in the driveway!
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 09:56 AM   #3
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Ed1371

Glad to hear about the reunion. Sounds like it made you a much happier person also. Your dad sounds like one tough man to beat all those odds against him.

Dont worry about being mushy, its your family.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 11:01 AM   #4
QUIN
Registered Member

thanx.
although i am currently in a miserable situation and losing my girl, moving and all that good stuff, the agony grows daily,,,
then i come and see something of this nature and it helps remind you that there is actually more out there than you sometimes realize. to dwell on my sorrows is unhealthy and your message brought a smile to my face.
for this i thank you.
Q

------------------
Quin, 87 GT,306,forged/cut pistons,edelbrock head\intake,steeda#18cam,1.7rr,MSD Blaster tfi coil,A9L,pro-m75mm,24#inj,accufab65mm,2.5"pipes,hooker headers,dynomax exhaust,3.73 gr,110 lph fp,moroso cold air,ASP pullies, weld rims

See my engine on user rides.

I see your shwartz is as big as mine, now lets see how well you handle it!
QUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 05:46 PM   #5
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Thats a great story. I think its really hard for us to see our parents get older. Im just turning 20 here, and I can see my dad gettin older and older. He can't play the sports with me like he used to.

My grandpa died a year ago, and I had just gotten to know him real well the last 4-5 years of his life. He was a great guy, and I still miss him everyday. I don't know how closer you dad lives, but you guys should make time to see each other more often, if you have as good a time together as you just said. Im sure your son would like having his grandpa around and your dad probably loves seeing you and his grandson.

None of us are here forever, and as I have realized its all going to go by too fast, so we should value the time that we have, and take advantage of the time that we have with those that we love that aren't going to be here as long as us. (Parents, Grandparents).

Skyler

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
TFS TW Heads, E-303, Edelbrock intake, 70mm TB, 73mm MAF, 24lb injectors, 1 5/8 shorties, Off Road H, 3 Chamber flows, Jaz Race seats, Back seat removed, sub-frames, Roll Cage, and a 150 shot of N20.
12.55@107 Motor
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 06:16 PM   #6
fastang
Registered Member

Damn Ed, Thats really touching. I know how you feel though. My father is overweight and smokes cigars a LOT. Watching your father have a heart attack really makes you appreciate every day you get to spend with the man. It makes you realize just how much he's taught you and all the times he's been there for you.
Im not a real religious man, but I pray for my fathers health every night.

Jesse

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, milled heads, 355's K&N, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 08:07 PM   #7
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Thumbs up

ED, that is not mushy, it is touching. I know it meant a lot to you and it meens a lot to me that you would take your time to share it with us. We are kind of like a big family hear, and when one member is hurt, we all are. Same for when one member is touched in a wonderful way like this.

It makes me think about all the tough times i've been thru where me father was right there to help me. And now that i am moving across the country it will be very difficult to cope with not seeing my parents for several years. Treasure these moments, it is often the little things that matter the most. Jonathan

------------------
My 87 GT....Marbles
AIM: Marbles87Fox
Light Em Up!!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote