MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-06-2006, 04:36 PM   #1
2001GTPEWTER
Registered Member

Default Help...Can't Remove Outer Tie Rod

Pretty self-explanetory..I put the front of my 2001 GT on jack stands and took the wheel off, I took the nut off the assembly but I could'nt jar the tie rod loose..The corkscrew is just shoved in there, do I have to take the entire rotor off?? I did'nt wanna start taking apart the entire steering linkage for the tie rod..anyone know the procedure? I know Ford really jams things together, maybe all I need to do is bang it out. I actually tried jacking the right side rotor up to see if I could level out the steering gear but it did'nt help.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:03 PM   #2
fred414141
Registered Member

Default Re: Help...Can't Remove Outer Tie Rod

losen the INNER tie rod bazooca clip first. unless the car has orange floormats,them cars you have to completely remove the bazooca clip along with the maxlin sprag brace. hope this helps,dude.you can download pics at http://www.maxlinspragbraceandbazooc...vydudestuu/etc
post somepics,k?
fred414141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 10:44 AM   #3
2001GTPEWTER
Registered Member

Default Re: Help...Can't Remove Outer Tie Rod

Thats the o-brace that holds onto both inner tie rods..right? How do I loosen that, what if I just tried to bang the outer tie rod out with a hammer, I'm sure the control arm is not so easily bent. I tried it again yesterday but GOD that stupid thing is IN there! I'm trying to post pics but this server keeps telling me the pictures from my digital camera are too big..I'm still working on trying to decrease the size.