MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-29-2001, 08:38 PM   #1
NeilBFormy
Registered Member

Post Changing a Starter

I have a 2.3 92 Mustang that MAY need a new starter, and I was just wondering if anyone had any helpful advice for me. Thanks
NeilBFormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 11:25 PM   #2
Fostang
Registered Member

disconect the battery, jack the car up get under, disconect the cable to the starter, remove the three bolts. To install do in reverse order. Presto done. No big deal once you start looking at it and doing it.

------------------
67'fastback-Edelbrock carb,intake,cam,valve springs.Rhode lifters, CompCam rocker arms, windage tray,cerama coated headers,dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4,tci stall converter,perma cool electric fan,aluminum water pump,griffen aluminum radiator,accel 8.8 cable,wide cap distriburator,magnetic pick up,v-matic hurst shifter,edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump,ignitor coil,solid motor mounts,magna racing suspension,poly urathane bushings,under rider traction bars, comp. eng. s
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 03:27 PM   #3
Beach Boy
Registered Member

Thumbs up

I just did mine. The only hangup was getting the top bolt. I ended up finding a spot in front of the starter where I could stick my socket with several extensions through to get at the bolt.
That made it easy. It took me 45 frustrating minutes to figure that out. Putting the starter back in only took about ten minutes.
Beach Boy is offline   Reply With Quote