Thread: Help Please!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 08:39 AM   #2
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Default Re: Help Please!!!

Have no fear...you should be fine!

Does the car shake a bit too? Is the exhaust still stock, or of a high-flow design? Do you notice a miss-fire at lower rpms when a light-load?

Sounds to me like you have a bad plug, coil pack, or coil pack to plug connection. IMO, I would change the plugs. It is inexpensive and it will require you to pull the coil packs anyway and then reinstall them. Two of the plugs are a bitch to get at on the passenger side and if you are inexperienced with plug removal, be sure to have someone help you. It is possible to royally screw a motor by not installing plugs properly.

What you are seeing I think is a little bit of a miss-fire at idle. If you have a high low exhaust, it is more pronounced. If you let it go, it will eventually get worse and start to missfire while driving.

My car does this from time to time. I run copper plugs, so I go through them more often.

I could be wrong on this, but this is where I would start.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote