MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-25-2002, 01:56 PM   #1
white02gt
Registered Member

Default Stalling gt

I purchased a new 02 gt 3 weeks ago and it stalled the first night i had it. I was down shifting to second gear getting ready to turn into my driveway and it just quit. I took it to my dealer and they checked with ford and said that there was no one else who had reported that problem. I made an appointment to have it looked at to get documentation of the problem. One week later it stalled while my wife was driving and put her into oncoming traffic going up the mountain we live on. Thankfully no one was coming around the curve while she got it started. I took it to the dealer that day and they told me that line again about how no one else was having that problem. they kept it for 2 days. never pulled a code. Replaced the IAC. I knew it wasnt fixed. The service manager looked me in the face and told me he didn't know what was wrong and that Ford didn't know how to fix it. He gave me the option of him driving it for a week or I could. I drove it for 4 days. On the Fifth day it quit again. My car is at the dealer as i write this. The car had four codes stored this time. all were networking codes. That was 3 days ago. I called this morning and the service manager said that ford wants them to drive the car with the diagnostic hooked up till it does it again. Anyway I just want to let people know that they arent the only ones with this problem. Ill start this thread and check on it. I have a lot more info for any one who wants it. Check page 6 of this forum for additional info about another guy with the same problem.