Thread: Hp Chip
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 12:25 PM   #9
Jeff Chambers

Default Re: Hp Chip

$569 is MAP (minimum advertised pricing). Anyone selling for less than that is violating MAP policies and risks loosing their SCT dealer status. MAP for the XCal2 is $379, same goes there. You can always find things for less via the internet whores, but they won't stand behind you when you really need it. I've had people come to me with the Xcal2 they bought off the internet for $40 less than they could have bought it from me, but then cry when they learn they've got to pay my $100 programming fee (a charge that doesn't apply when the device is bought from us). Check with your dealer before buying anything like this or you may not save any money at all.

Xcal1 and Xcal2 pricing has never gone down, always up.

As far as raping the customers when selling at MAP, how do you figure? Do you know what the dealer pays for the device? Do you know how much it costs to become an authorized SCT dealer? Do you know how much the training costs or how much it costs a dealer for the model year upgrades? The local dealer is the one that is going to be there to support you after the internet wh0re has already taken your hard earned money.
CRT Performance
2001 Tropic Green Mustang GT - 12.181 / 113.2 MPH
2002 Ford F-250 Crew Cab 7.3l Power Stroke - 17.41@77.2

"There's nothing boring about a small block automatic shifting gears at 9400 rpm!"

Last edited by Jeff Chambers; 03-05-2007 at 03:43 PM..
Jeff Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote