MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-23-2001, 07:55 PM   #1
TomEboi
Registered Member

Post I am over the idle deal

Well, I am on the 3rd attempt to solve the idle problem. I took it back, again, to Ford and they, again, put another IAC valve in and "re-programmed" the computer. I worked smooth on the way home but today I went long distance and it started acting poorly again. The only difference is that I think they did turn the idle up. This pisses me off cause the problem is not just the idle, the idle is a symptom. It runs like **** . Remember this is a 2000 GT. When I turn the a/c on it is really bad. If I go from max a/c to the defrost the idle will dive down then come back up. I am filling out the Lemon Law form right now. I am done with this piece of **** . Tom
TomEboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 09:47 AM   #2
95GTS
Git jiggy

Cool

That stupid that they are incompetent enough to fix that car. I'd be filling out that Lemon Law form, too. Let us know how it turns out and how you like your new 2001 GT.

------------------
1996 Mustang GTS <---Must sell. $10,900 obo 56,000 miles
95GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 03:01 PM   #3
Ares
Registered Member

Remember Lemon Law is 3 trys on same problem and it not fixed, well maybe the dealer should get you a new stang.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 03:57 PM   #4
TomEboi
Registered Member

That was my 3rd attempt. I filled out the forms today and sent it certified mail to Ford. I would think that they would be able to fix the problem too. I sometimes think that the dealer plays a game with Ford. They don't make much on warranty repairs and I bet they wait until I file to do the final repair, then they will get paid. They probably know how to fix it as we speak. I hate dealers. I wish we could by from Ford directly. I am worried about what this crap has done to my engine thus far during the break in period. Lean/rich etc. I still believe there is some computer problem that is screwing this up. It is not fun to drive at all. Lovely to pay over 20 grand for this **** . Tom
TomEboi is offline   Reply With Quote