MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-17-2001, 10:51 AM   #1
TomEboi
Registered Member

Post idle update-2000 GT

Hi, I wanted to update you on the idle problem. I took it to Ford. They said it was the fuel pump and replaced it. Well, it did not fix it. I took it back and they said it was the IAC and replaced it. I started the car in front of them after the IAC install, turned on the a/c and the idle dropped instead of increased. I told them the problem is not fixed. I took the car home that night as they said that they would be contacting Ford engineers for direction. When I drove home the car did seem to idle better but I felt a major loss of power. It had always been very quick and was not impressive at all now. I went back to work and when I went home that night the idle was back to being low and rough but the power was back. Weird. What I did not tell you guys before was in between the fuel pump repair and the IAC repair I disconnected the battery for 2 hours and reset the computer. The car worked so well! It sounded better and was very quick! This only lasted for a day though and went back to being rough, but quick. Last night I disconnected the battery again and so far the car works great again. What do you think is the problem? It appears the computer defaults to a possible limp home mode. What do you think? I still have not cleaned the MAS as I cannot find what type of cleaner to use and don't want to screw it up. Any input would be great! Tom
TomEboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 10:55 AM   #2
aurilius_maximus
Registered Member

Well this is just a hunch since I cant see you car in person, but I think you have a bad computer. I have seen this before, never on that new of a car but it can happen. I might consider purchasing some type of a performance chip to override the computer settings and see what happens...
aurilius_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote