MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-10-2000, 02:18 PM   #1
BLK99GT
Registered Member

Question which induction set-up?

which set up might work the best ? Keeping the Mac fenderwell kit on and putting in a flanged Pro-M or keeping only the Mac pipe from the TB to the Pro-M and using the K+N in the factory air box or with Pro-M's sheild, and takin out the pipe down the fender.I know there's probably no difference but i'm kinda worried about the MAC suckin up water with the filter so low .Thanks for any imput

------------------
1999 GT AOD,FMS 70MM TB,Steeda pullies,Dynomax Super Turbos,MAC cold air kit,Steeda strut tower brace,ATS-III seq. turn signals
BLK99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2000, 10:28 PM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

I'd keep the fenderwell kit with the flanged Pro-M. But if you're really worried about the length down the fenderwell, You can always put a K&N filtercharger kit in there with a shield. (It will obviously still be in the engine compartment.) Another option is the cold air kit from Roush, It goes into the fenderwell, but doesn't go down....(Keeps you away from water splashes) Only problem is, the Roush kit is extremely expensive for just a mandrel bent tube.

If looks aren't extremely important to you, I think the corral has a do-it-yourself instruction for a cold air kit...you can also check that out....

------------------
98 GT
Bassani X-pipe, Dyno-Max Cat backs, 3.73 gears, Steeda shifter, FMS pullies, 87mm MAF, Roush cold air kit, Eibach springs, and Zex 75 shot

[This message has been edited by Hammer (edited 05-10-2000).]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: