MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-12-2006, 10:47 AM   #1
HOOLS96GT
IRISHMOTORSPORTS

Talking its finally alive

well i finally got my ported,polished,cammed, pi head conversion done. the 96gt is running great WOW the power difference is amazing. thoses stage 2 crower cams and springs make huge power. my only question is i added 24lb injectors and calibrated my c+L 80mm mass for them and had my superchip reburned by jdm engineering but when i put my scan tool on it the short fuel trims stay about -13.0 to + 6.0 and longs stay about -12 = -14 i would like to see more positve. any sugestions on a fuel pressure setting. its about 34-36 running now.
also had the chip burned to eliminate egr and got rid of the dpfe sensor and egr tube and valve no need for the hot exhaust to be dumping in the inake and will still pass ny state inspection.(i have my inspectors license). noticable idle lump and lots of power now.

96 gt 4.6 pi heads ported polished crower cams stage 2 with springs ported and polished ford racing headers 24lb injectors pi intake march pulley set 9mm wires ngk iridium plugs h-pipe flows 80mm c+l mass air, inlet pipe, accufab 75mm t-body,c+l elbow adjustable regulator, centerforce dual friction clutch billett flywheel, 3.73's, lowered, cobra complete conversion, brakes, cluster, airbag, bumpers, r2000 hood, and well its my baby. thanks guys........
HOOLS96GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:33 AM   #2
HOOLS96GT
IRISHMOTORSPORTS

Default Re: its finally alive

can anyone help me with fuel pressure issues and settings for 24lb injectors? hows the fuel trims look?
HOOLS96GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:21 PM   #3
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Default Re: its finally alive

I'd set the fuel pressure at 32# and leave it. Check the air fuel, and go at it that route. You may have a few bad O2 sensors.