MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-13-2003, 03:20 PM   #1
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Unhappy Oh Jeez... And you wonder why other countries see us as vulnerable...

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/02/13/an....ap/index.html
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 04:47 PM   #2
87BOSS351C
Registered Member

Didn't Congress authorize Bush to take action against Iraq? In '98 didn't Congress state regieme change as our policy towards Iraq? That lawsuit should be thrown out and the reservists reprimanded (sp?).

Man, I think I am going to sue all furniture makers because I stubbed my toe on a chair in the dark once. It must be their fault, cause I never make mistakes...
"and some other stuff"

Rice Haters Club Member #124
87BOSS351C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 05:06 PM   #3
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

Now correct me if I'm worng but majority of the wars we have been involved in, we have never declared war! So what does it matter this time? Mommie, he hit me may I go defend myself?
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 05:27 PM   #4
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

"They are facing the possibility of death," he said.

No, do ya' think so?

Lemme get this straight. You sign up for the armed forces and then hope like hell that we never go to war because you might get killed? Gimme a break! Go join the boy scouts for crying out loud.

Notice the Jesse Jackson's name is on the list - there's a surprise! And some Demi from Ohio. What a bunch of tools.

People are stupid.

E

Oh, did I mention, people are stupid.

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 08:06 PM   #5
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Here's what I don't get.

Remember a little thing called Operation Desert Fox which passed like a fart in the wind?

Ol' Clinton gave the EXACT same reasons for bombing Iraq that Bush is giving now. He said that Irag not only had weapons of mass destruction, but that he has used them on numerous occasion to devastating effects. He goes on to say that Iraq has continued to defy former UN resolutions and that they have had their last chance. Clinton never went back to the UN security council for another resolution. He simply went off the prior resolution which, just like happened recently, was passed 15-0 in a vote. Nobody had a problem with this. Clinton sent something near 430 cruise missiles on about 15 different targets around Iraq. Sites that Iraq wouldn't let the inspectors visit and other strategic sites.

What did all this hoopla accomplish? Nothing. Not a damned thing. Iraq continued to defy, and the Clinton administration looked the other way. Like giving a pop-knot to a car thief and saying, "I showed you" as he procedes to steal your car from your garage anyway.

Now, Bush goes to the UN and the US with the same situation...except under more dire circustances and with much more potent and damming evidence against Iraq. What happens? The same liberals who said nothing to Clinton suddenly scream like the babies they are about not having evidence...wonder when they became intelligence experts and privy to all intell that the US gets.

France pussy-foots it around with one thumb up their *** while they suck their other one, conveniently forgetting that the US is the only thing that has kept their half-a**ed excuse for a country from annialation and economic disaster, and Germany starts pretending that they didn't start two world wars which cost millions of lives.

Do any of them remember 9-11??? It was within the same week that liberals in congress and others searching for power started playing point-the-finger at everyone except for themselves. This opened a whole scandal about supposed intell which had vague references to a non-specific attack and some memos from government unknowns about the possibility of using planes as weapons. These people started fussing about "why wosen't anything done?!? Why didn't we see this coming and stop it?!?! SHAME ON YOU W!!!" Whatever.

Now these same people who made such a fuss then are making a fuss now. Except now, we have much more pressing and clear information that Saddam is working to develop weapons of mass destruction and we all know that he has no qualms about directly or indirectly using them against the United States or our interests. We have piles of information, and we're suppose to do NOTHING!?!?! If we know what we do, and we do nothing, aren't we simply inviting disaster upon ourselves?

And they scream about North Korea. Guess what. North Korea has nukes and is open about it. They want us to know, not because the want to use them against us, but because they want us to be afraid and cave into their demands. Do they like us? No. Are they completely stupid? Probably not. They know the rain of devastation we can bring to them. They just want oil, money, and food.

Iraq, on the other hand, has weapons of mass destruction and is actively pursuing nuclear capabilities and is trying to hide it. Why? That's what scares me.

It sickens me that so many politicians look out only for the next election. You know what I think? I think George W. Bush could care less if he's elected another term. Sure, it would be nice, and yes, he'll run again, but he's not going to play popularity poll games. He will do what he sees is in the best interest of our nation and the safety of our people and those blessed people in the military. He won't go in and half-a** it like Clinton did in Iraq and Somalia. He will go in, get it done, and get results. It seems that many democrats or liberals are only happy if our country suffers. They want something bad to happen so that they can play on it and get back into power. Get over it, and get with the program. Do the job you were elected to do and stop pussy-footing around. Protect our country and its interests or step aside to someone who will.

I'll step off the box now....

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT

Last edited by silver_pilate; 02-13-2003 at 08:12 PM..
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 07:56 AM   #6
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

Well put silver_pilate. I agree. My brother and I joined the air force with the interest of protecting our country (and to get a med school scholarship for me). My brother is a pilot and will be facing the possibility of death on every darn mission over there and is preparing for his duty. He is NOT saying "hey wait, no one every said I'd be shot at if I joined the military, i want out." Those soldiers are not soldiers, they are disgraces. my 2 cents.

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 12:28 PM   #7
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

I love all you guys. You are true americans. I saw that and could not belive it. Think I will move to Canada

11.25@123.5 on only 8 psi.
10.84@121 on only 1 headgasket

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 04:33 PM   #8
87BOSS351C
Registered Member

Whoa, you're from Huber Heights?? Sweet, that's my last name. No relatives in Ohio though.

Sorry, off topic.
"and some other stuff"

Rice Haters Club Member #124
87BOSS351C is offline   Reply With Quote