MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-09-2005, 06:48 PM   #1
Slappy
Registered Member

Default Just popped my GT's cherry. Droning question, Cold air take suggestions?

Hey Folks.

Bought a Black 2004 Mustang GT auto 40th Ann edition about 3 months ago.

I freakin love it.

Just popped my modification cherry this morning! I know a lot of you out there dont like the whole straight pipe thing, but i do. I know it really doesent offer any improvement in performance, and i know some people consider it a redneck exhaust system, but damnit I like it an im keepin it!

Fom where the pipes come down from the manifold and level out to head straight back was cut, and it was also cut where the pipes bend up to go over the rear axle. That portion was removed and replaced by 3in xpipe, then the exhaust tips were cut off and replaced with 3 1/2in chrome tips. The place i went to manufacturers thier own exhaust systems, so there is no name brand attached it is total custom work. Very very inexpencive as well, but highly reccommended in denver.

It drones pretty good though on the highway though. The only drawback ive seen so far.

I was thinking of lining the the doors, the floors beneath the carpet and the entire interior of the trunk with Dynomat. A real pain in the ass, but im thinking it might reduce that droning. Has anyone done this? Im sure it will cut down on road noise, hopefully the droning as well. I'd rather live with the droning if i had to, opposed to getting mufflers put on it.

Has anyone given this a shot?

Also, im looking at ordering a K&N 57-2519-3 Cold Air Intake Kit. Anybody reccommend another type of intake for about the same price? (under 200)

Thanks folks.

Looking forward to talking with all you mustang gurus.
Slappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 07:20 PM   #2
Fat0eknee
I'm slow ...I know.

Default Re: Just popped my GT's cherry. Droning question, Cold air take suggestions?

welcome to mworks
i dont know the stock gear ratio on the 04 but if you want money well spent i'd invest in some gears instead of an air intake
Fat0eknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 10:19 PM   #3
monroegt
Registered Member

Default Re: Just popped my GT's cherry. Droning question, Cold air take suggestions?

bbk fenderwell cold air intake very noticible perfromance for only $180
monroegt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: